These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

improvement idea (important need it quick)

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
aWarlt
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

improvement idea (important need it quick)

Post by aWarlt »

:o

aWarlt

Re: improvement idea (important need it quick)

Post by aWarlt »

:fs: HI i need to install freestyler on my craped computer i dont have internet and have tried freestyler on a freinds computer. IT IS GREAT SOFTWARE. The problem is that i cant save the dowload as the installer that i can save still needs access to internet when i run it

i am currently using internet with heaps of blockages after scholl

would it be very hard to change the installers makeup

iv done some programming a know how hard it would be for the maker to desgn and make thins software but this would not need a recompile with rvamped code. just a different installer

:fs:
13 year old got 4 dmx rgb par in an upstars room with sound system and i play instuments and do musical videos and recordings and a crap typer.

i can download the file at a freinds but i need to be able to save a FULL download to install on another computer at a later date without internet

:fs: :fs: :fs: :fs:
Last edited by aWarlt on March 8th, 2012, 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
aWarlt

Post by aWarlt »

I would like to suggest this as an improvement for the freestyler installer.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Hallo, awarlt

Freestyler doesnt need internet to be installed.
Only 3dView needs Internet to be installed.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
aWarlt

Post by aWarlt »

hi i have tried to save the freetyler dowload with internet explorer and when i run my saved file it is a installer. when i run the installer it asks what i want to install and a went all of them but then it connects to the internet and actually downloads and installs them. when it connects it dose so in the background and the only way i know is because i unconected the internet and it wouldnt install.

you said this:
"Freestyler doesnt need internet to be installed.
Only 3dView needs Internet to be installed."

do you mean the 3d stage viewer?

i have also tried copying the programfile version and that needs drivers so i copyed all the system 32 drivers and it comes up with an ankown error.
aWarlt

Post by aWarlt »

my computer is an old 98 running xp
will the software even werk

when i saved the program file and did the driver update the 3d viewer did werk along with fixture creater

i cannot test my theirys cos i cant download anyting at school - even freestyler home page is blocked and my proxy cannot dowload the file as it is to large.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej aWarlt

I have FreeStyler running on 2 xp PC's but I don't know how old they are so yes it works on a xp.

And I have the FreeStyler instalation sw on a UBS memory stick which I have installed from more times.
The PC's I have are from time to time used to other things and I chose to delete FreeStyler and make a complete new instalation.
Tried it out on jobs with no internet connection. No problem.

But as Spirit says.
If you want to install Magic 3D Easy View then you need the internet.

But I am a bit curious. If you downloaded it by a friend then why not connect your PC to the net at your friends place.
Then you can also install the 3D viewer.

/Jan

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”