These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMXKING - Any thoughts?

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
rotoitiman
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

DMXKING - Any thoughts?

Post by rotoitiman »

Hey guys
I am looking to jump into the whole software DMX thing, and cant wait to get into it!

After looking at ebay for a while and finally agreed to drop some cash on the Enttec Pro version, it seems they are out of stock.

Will the DMXKing device do the business? DMXKing are advertising the device as an equivalent of the pro version with slightly more features.

Does anyone have any experience with this device? I really need to get something for the busy summer period coming up.

Cheers

jpk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
Twitter: twitter.com/dmxking

Re: DMXKING - Any thoughts?

Post by jpk »

Best place to ask that question is on http://www.facebook.com/dmxking
My answers are probably biased since I'm the designer.
We have several new USB DMX interfaces about to hit the market and our current ultraDMX unit is in stock.
http://DMXking.com USB DMX and ArtNet interfaces.
mixinstein
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

Post by mixinstein »

ultraDMX by DMXking.com - I'm looking into one of these as I like the fact it comes in a 3 pin XLR so you do not have to use a 5 pin to 3 pin adapter as the majority of the lights here in the USA have only a 3 pin XLR interface. If anyone has one of these please let me know how this works as I was just looking at buying one.
mixinstein

Post by mixinstein »

Just an update... I picked up a DMXking.com ultraDMX 3 pin interface about 2 weeks ago... I Works Flawlessly, no issues as of yet. Had it up and running in less than 5 minutes. I downloaded the drivers, loaded up Freestyler, changed the interface to Entec PRO and as soon as I saved the settings I noticed the light on the back of the interface started blinking very fast. Chose my technobeams & striked the lamp, and away I went!!! It worked flawlessly, now I just have to get used to using freestyler.

Just a note... the DMXking.com website states that this product is currently not available... I picked mine up on ebay for $109 USD with free shipping.
jpk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
Twitter: twitter.com/dmxking

Post by jpk »

There have been a few changes to the ultraDMX lineup over the last few months. The original ultraDMX unit has been replaced with:
ultraDMX Micro $60USD (yes this has a microprocessor on board so no timing issues!)
ultraDMX RDM Pro $149USD (on special $119.20USD at the moment)
ultraDMX Pro $199USD (4 port splitter & 3 universe operation with FreeStyler support coming soon)

All of these will work with the following FreeStyler interface options:
DMXking USB DMX512-A
Enttec PRO
DMXking ultraDMX

We ship from New Zealand worldwide.
http://DMXking.com USB DMX and ArtNet interfaces.
mirthmgr
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by mirthmgr »

I just received my ultraDMX Micro today, and it took me about 5 minutes (most of which was spent navigating FreeStyler without reading the instructions) to control a pair of Electro 86's. I don't have a vast amount of experience, but so far it's been an easier time than I had with the Open DMX USB and a couple of older model Durand controllers.

Short story shorter, the DMXKing interface will definitely work with FreeStyler!

Return to “DMX Interfaces”