These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Building an Auditorium

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
trevzilla
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Building an Auditorium

Post by trevzilla »

I am trying to build an Auditorium in Magic 3D Easy View. I've gotten very good results with building the stage, however there are a few issues I've run into that I was wondering if I could get some help with.

First and foremost, I haven't been able to build custom objects. I go to the Simple Objects Editor, then click the "custom" radio button, which brings up the custom object editor. However, no matter what I design in there, when I click "Build" nothing happens. I can click build to my hearts content, yet nothing. Any ideas about this?

Secondly, I am tying to build the "house" section of our auditorium, as our trackspots can hit areas where the audience sits. Now, it's not a huge deal, but when I build a wall that extends past the plane where the edge of my stage is (say past the stage right side) the wall simply disappears at that intersection. I can see the wall if I rotate the camera past that plane, but I can't see the entire wall ever. Is there a way to overcome this issue?

Third, when I change colors or gobos on my trackspot, it does not change in Magic 3D easy View. Is this a limitation of Limited Mode, or have I done something wrong in the setup? The light beam moves flawlessly when I move it in Freestyler...just no colors or gobos.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying freestylers ease of use, as well as Magic 3D easy view! I'm excited to learn more so I can start contributing to the community!

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Building an Auditorium

Post by Spirit »

First and foremost, I haven't been able to build custom objects. I go to the Simple Objects Editor, then click the "custom" radio button, which brings up the custom object editor. However, no matter what I design in there, when I click "Build" nothing happens. I can click build to my hearts content, yet nothing. Any ideas about this?
1) open Simple object editor
2) press Custom
3) Now create your Object
4)Press Built
5) Go back to the Previous Window and you will see you Object
6)Now press save and save your object

Now if your in Construction mode. On the Bottom Left of the Screen you see "Settings..." Next to setting you will see 3 icons. one looks like a Fixture, the other one is a Gray Square, and the last one are 3 Green Squarse.

Now you need to press on the second icon the Gray square. and here you can import you Object.
Secondly, I am tying to build the "house" section of our auditorium, as our trackspots can hit areas where the audience sits. Now, it's not a huge deal, but when I build a wall that extends past the plane where the edge of my stage is (say past the stage right side) the wall simply disappears at that intersection. I can see the wall if I rotate the camera past that plane, but I can't see the entire wall ever. Is there a way to overcome this issue?
I don't have a Clue what you mean.
hird, when I change colors or gobos on my trackspot, it does not change in Magic 3D easy View. Is this a limitation of Limited Mode, or have I done something wrong in the setup? The light beam moves flawlessly when I move it in Freestyler...just no colors or gobos.
thats because #d view gots his Own Fixture files.
So with your fixture the Colors and Gobo's are not set in ScanLib.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
trevzilla
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: Building an Auditorium

Post by trevzilla »

Thank you for the Reply!

Here's what I've learned in the past few days...

With my first issue, building custom objects, I have done exactly what you described. Sadly, when I click the "build" button, my object in the previous window doesn't change. It remains a spinning cube.

With my second issue, I have attached a couple images:
View1.jpg
Notice the wall on the Right hand side of the picture (Stage Left). Notice that the wall "disappears" at the plane where it intersects with the stage edge.

Now, in this next picture, I have rotated the camera past that plane. And the rest of the wall appears again.
View2.jpg
Is there a way to make it so this wall doesn't disappear when my camera is in the front? Or do I have to build my "stage" to include the ENTIRE Auditorium, and just add walls and whatnot inside that stage area?

With my third issue, the changing colors, thank you very much for pointing me to the Scanlib. I had no idea about that editor, and have had a great time playing around with it fixing my fixture definitions. My trackspot now changes colors in 3d easy view. However this has created another problem. A couple of my gobos do not exist in the icon library. I was curious if anyone has figured out a way to create your own gobos and add them to this library. (I've gotten an image to appear, but I can't find out how to build the evg files.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”