These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Gig video - my kids running lights for another band

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Gig video - my kids running lights for another band

Post by Shannon D »

I haven't posted anything in this section in a while, so here we go. Since my band is off until New Year's Eve, I'm staying busy by offering my lights to other bands in our area. This gig was an all ages show because the female singer and drummer of this band are still in High School. I brought both my boys with me to help out with the lights. My boys are 6 and 9 years old. I have Freestyler set up to run with a midi controller, so they were changing the colors and movements while I recorded the show with my Presonus StudioLive mixer and shot video. My boys were so pumped up about them running the lights during the show. If they really knew how to get around better on the midi controller and in Freestyler, they could be dangerous. LOL

Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OThS9LVC ... er&list=UL

Here's my equipment list for this show:
5 chauvet colorstrips, 4 chauvet Q-spot 250 MH's, 2 chauvet Legend 2000 MH's, 2 Qspot MH's, 6 chauvet 200b LED pars, 2 chauvet vue 2's, 1 Tektonic RGY laser, 1 MBT haze pro HZ300, 21ft of Global truss and 4 T-bar stands. The 8 par 64's in the middle (aimed at drummer) are part of the house lights. They were not being controller by FS.

Cheers!

SD

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Gig video - my kids running lights for another band

Post by Spirit »

Yeah! Looks Great.
also Sound greats Just the music i listing to.. :D
But i miss some Frontlights. i cant see any faces.
But those Colorstrips Looks Realy great.

But how do you play this back with CUE/ Cuelist/ Submaster?
Just wondering :D
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Thanks Spirit!

The show is run using the Submasters. There are 8 par 64's for the front lights. They are mounted way high on the ceiling. One, they are not really positioned correct, so I didn't have them very bright. Two, the position they were in, they were canceling out some of the wash from the backline. I did take note of that and hope to find a big ladder to position them better for the next show.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Ahh Yes i Understand and using Par64s as Frontlight isn't ideal two.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

So here's a few up close pics from that night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

A few more....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Show us your shows...”