These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

slider sharing

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
speedymany2k
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

slider sharing

Post by speedymany2k »

Hi guys.

Slightly new with freestyler.

I have recently managed to use freestyler with my splabs usb-dmx interface with is an enntec open dmx.

Now, i have 2 X qtxlight slimline 64 parcan and 2x prolight krypton equniox flashers.

I put the cans to sddress 1 and the kryptons to address 10. When i use the sliders or the macro buttons on the kryptons, the cans are responding in the same way.

Would this be because i am using a long cable as i know i should be using a short cable.

Thanks.

speedymany2k
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: slider sharing

Post by speedymany2k »

Could someone reply to this if they know what could be the problem?

Could it be that i need a terminator on the last DMX out port?
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by wardomon »

Cable length is only an issue at extreme lengths, +400 feet. A terminator should always be used and are easy to make. Remember that European and American DMX assignments differ by one.

I've got an NSI DDS-5600 4-ch dimmer set up at DMX send address 93-96 in Freestyler. It's fixture number 15 along the line. The DIP switches 1,2,3,5 are on, so that in binary is 23. I spent the better part of an hour powering down, changing DIPs and powering up to get this working. You may need to do the same thing.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
biggus
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/emrdisco

Post by biggus »

@ speedymany2k --- hi all my first post. What do you think to the splabs dmx interface? im in the market for a usb to dmx and I'm thining of buying one

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”