These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

problem with scanners working on freestyler

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
oliverst14
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

problem with scanners working on freestyler

Post by oliverst14 »

hi everyone

first of all id like to introduce myself as this is my first post. im oliver and i have been interested in lighting since i was tiny :) i started building up my lighting equipment when i was about 14 and havent stopped since.

anyways my problem :)

iv been using freestyler for a long time now and love the program. i used to use it all the time with a velleman usb dac and a small amount of lights. then i bought a lighting desk and started to program on that for a few years. the desk was fantastic and had fixture files and was pretty advanced, the only problem back then with both freestyler and my desk was they didnt have FX generators so took a long time to create half decent shows. then found that freestyler had added a fixture generator so tried it on 4 moving heads and it was amazing. i love using it and helps me out so much to create a fantastic show. i recently bought another 6 moving heads and it works great with all of them.

im doing a full lighting show for a festival so im using all of my equipment so started testing last week, iv setup all the movers which work great, then i hooked up my 4 x abstract xp2s, my 4 x martin 812s and 4 x chauvet intimidators. all of them suffered from a terrible stuttering when trying to use the fade feature and when scrolling round with the pan tilt.

i decided to do some testing so hooked 1 martin up and the problem was still there, i decided to remove all the other fixtures off the workspace and controlled 1 fixture and it was pretty smooth and controlled i then started adding fixtures until id added about 6 or 8 and they gradually started stuttering worse with every fixture.

its extremly strange cause the movers work fine and all other fixtures are perfect but every scanner is stuttery. its not the laptop as im using a quad core 2.3ghz, 4gb ram laptop. i tried using the scanners on my desk and they worked fine.

im looking to try and use all the fixtures on the laptop and cant handle the stuttering as it looks awful can anyone please please please help

thanks so much in advance
oli

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: problem with scanners working on freestyler

Post by Spirit »

hello, oliver

which version of freestyler do you use and do you still use the Velleman device?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
oliverst14
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Post by oliverst14 »

hi im currently on the latest stable version 3.3.2 and yes i do still use the vellerman :)

thanks
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Sorry to say but i think it's your Velleman device.
i also have one but i'm not realy happy with it, i'm now useing a Enttec Pro never had any problem.

but it's wel now'n that the velleman is realy slow.
but there is a Link some where on the forum, a gay made new firmware for the velleman.

and maby a DMX booster will help but i'm not sure.

also one question did you also tried to conect one scanner directly to the velleman, what are the results.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Sorry to say but i think it's your Velleman device.
i also have one but i'm not realy happy with it, i'm now useing a Enttec Pro never had any problem.

but it's wel now'n that the velleman is realy slow.
but there is a Link some where on the forum, a gay made new firmware for the velleman.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... 8&start=20 here you can find it.

and maby a DMX booster will help but i'm not sure.

also one question did you also tried to conect one scanner directly to the velleman, what are the results.

/spirit

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”