These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

how to create 4 color LED fixture in Fixture Creator

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

how to create 4 color LED fixture in Fixture Creator

Post by blaide13 »

I have been using Fixture creator to create fixture profiles for LED bars, Par cans, Scanners and Moving heads that I bought from Manufacturers in China. I have a new LED par can that uses 4 colors (RGBA). When starting to create Par can Fixtures, I always choose "Other" when starting to program Par cans so that I can set the RGB colors and have the color wheel or color picker window available which makes it easy to mix colors. The problem I have is, that there is no 4th color parameter available in Fixture creator. Only RGB. I but the Amber channel in the CTO channel (Whatever CTO stands for) and I can control the Amber LEDs with the CTO slider, but it does not color mix with the other RGB LEDs when using the color wheel. Is there any way to incorporate a 4th color into the color wheel?
I have attached images of the Fixture Creator profile I created as well as the DMX chart for the light's manual. I am using the 7 channel mode. In the Fixture Creator profile, the # of channels appears blank in the box, but I do have 7 in there, it just didn't show up when copying the screen shot for some reason.

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: how to create 4 color LED fixture in Fixture Creator

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

The new lights on the market can have amber and/or white LEDs, so maybe it wil be a good idea to modify the fixture creator (and FS) so it can handle this with colourmix and other stuff.

I recommend you make a feature request in the bug tracker so Raph can decide if he wants to implement this feature

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

I agree with LJ_krede.dk. A forth channel would be very helpfull.

For a quick fix you can use the new features for macros, avaible in the newest beta version of FS (3.3.6) and fixture creator. You have the posibility to assigne macros to different tabs there. You will be able to create your color macros and let them appear on the color window in FS.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by blaide13 »

I tried to submit a bug report, but could not figure out howe to do so from the new bug report page. Couldn't find the "Report Issue" limnk mentioned in the instructions. Maybe someone who can navigate that system can report or suggest the addition of a 4th color channel to Fixture creator and Freestyler? I've been at it for over 20 minutes and can not make heads or tails of the way to submit the report. It took another 20 minutes of trying to log in in order to be able to try to submit the report. Kept denying my password. Had to get new password in order to get in. Anyway, if anyone can help or let Ralph know about this issue, I'd be grateful.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

try to follow the guides in these two posts
FreeStyler Bug Tracker
New process for feature requests

FsBT cannot retrieve log in details from the Freestyler Support forum at the moment. so you have to make a new user. I recommend you try to add the request yourself so you know how the bug tracker works in the future
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”