These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture Creator Problems

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Pmarten8
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: http://twitter.com/looneychoons

Fixture Creator Problems

Post by Pmarten8 »

Not sure if this can be done with fixture creator yet but run in to few problems trying to build few fixtures now with twin head/rollers Scanners example
  • 8 Channel Acme DynoRoll Twin Roller

CH1 = Pan Head 1
    CH2 = Tilt Head 1
    CH3 = Shutter
    CH4 = Gobo Wheel 1
    CH5 = Pan Head 2
    CH6 = Tilt Head 2
    CH7 = Shutter
    CH8 = Gobo Wheel 2
Were im hitting the brick wall is having two pan/tilt channels and two shutter channels and two strobe channels in one fixture

If this is possible without having two fixtures one for left head one for right head so that both channels can run individual patterns

If not think this should be added in next release of fixture Creator

Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Fixture Creator Problems

Post by Mavi »

It is not possible to have this build together in one fixture. You need to do it with the left/right side you already thought off.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

for curiosity, why don't you want two fixtures? you say you want the possibility to have individuallly/differently pan/tilt, so my suggestions is just to have two fixtures, as Mavi also suggested..

if you want to make a feature request you can do this
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Pmarten8
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: http://twitter.com/looneychoons

Post by Pmarten8 »

Hi LJ_krede

I can do this in the mean time but i think its something that needs to be looked at im already running 14 fixtures if i had to have 8 extra fixtures in freestyler to control just 4 live dynorollers when working with sequences found this very cumbersome got me thinking of a way to make thing easyer and less tricky was if the pattern and strobe and shutter controls could have small tabs LH HEAD and RH HEAD to switch between LH/RH Head

Also the fact that technology changes every month and newer and smarter lights are being developed all the time fixture creator could do with update to allow these new types of light to be built neatly and easily not having to do it a mickey mouse way and have two freestyler fixtures together to operate one live fixture

Also From a Professional Point of View this should be basic operation of fixture creator as 100s of company's make twin head/roller

• Ideas

Multi Beams
    Multi Tilt/Pan Channels 8bit and 16bit
    Multi Strobe and Shutter Channels
Also
When Building Latest fixture Chauvet Colorband Tri found another problem with Fixture Creator
Cannot build fixture with 36 Led in 12 banks of 3 RGB Could not add 12 RGB Channels

36 Channel Set-up just uses 12 channels of RGB that's all

Just think the team should look at all types of lights make them all simple to create

Another Idea Is for the Gobos to be categorised make navigating them easier should folder them Colours, Lasers, Scanners, Rotations, LED, Macros, and Others like Shakes and Chases this would save a finger cracking rolling the mouse wheel up and down to getting to Gobos

Also Gobo Creator bit like magic 3d Views Gobo Editor

Few thing ive had ideas about whilst using the creator
Last edited by Pmarten8 on December 15th, 2010, 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

i See your point. Great to see that you have thought this through before posting it

I still think it is ok to make 2 fixtures for twin heads/rollers/scanners. I think you should make a feature request and see what the developer thinks... in the end it's all up to him.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”