These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Open DMX source code (Eurolite Z-500)

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
stephanfo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Open DMX source code (Eurolite Z-500)

Post by stephanfo »

Hi all,

I've just bought two Eurolite Z-500 (From TH*****) and experience strange problem with these DMX lights and Fresstyler (V3.3.1).

I use a FTDI converter (USB to DMX - OpenDMX clone). Output signal of the converter seems to be OK (symetric -5V +5V, no disturb, Timing OK).
However, the Z-500 lights seems to shift from one DMX channel randomly, so channel 2 is read as 1 about two times per seconds. When I look to the timing diagram, I notice that the "Space For Break" and "Mark For Break" times are not stable.

As my other lights work fine, I think it's a Z-500 problem. I controled the internal tranceiver voltage and the Microcontroler voltage, everything is ok. I think it's a problem with the software of the Z-500 which confuse Space or Mark for Break with the first DMX data (depends on the timing).

I will report this problem to Eurolite soon, but I really need to make my Z-500 working with Freestyler. So I would appreciate your support if anyone already meet this problem. Else, is it possible to get the source code of the opendmx plugin (I hope it's only a DLL to compile) in order to tune my own timing.

Thanks for your help.

++ Stephanfo

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”