These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

adding a second fixture to a old cue??? f...

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
yofo
Pro...
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

adding a second fixture to a old cue??? f...

Post by yofo »

Hi, I have created a couple of cue's for my DMX 001-008 device but now i have another fixture on DMX 013-020 but now, I want to run some cue's that was made for DMX 001-008 to run also on DMX 013-020 ??? how can I do it, btw, It's lasers :lol:

:?
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: adding a second fixture to a old cue??? f...

Post by Mavi »

I think you would not like to do them everything synch? Therefore you just have to address the second fixture also to 001-008.

Otherwise you will have to edit the sequences you created. There is no other way then going trough each sequence and each step and set the DMX values you want to for your second fixture (the ones for your first you do not have to change).

I asked a few month ago also for a simmilar problem. I had to transfer DMX values from a channel range to another one. I remember, some FS versions bevore there war this cool matrix in Sequence editor where you can see (and edit) each channel value by typing them in. There you can "see" the values of the current stap and can easy transfere them to other channels. Unfortionally this matrix is gone now. Someone told you can use a hexadecimal editor to modify the sequence files directly. There is a section in the wiki describing how to. But believe me: you do not want to do that!
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
yofo
Pro...

Post by yofo »

I've had then using the same DMX address before but its boring doudle tunnel effect, its stupid, but I want them to be on a cue but it must be random steps that's Ive created, and then some must blackout just randomly for one step and makes turn, but to do this I need to make a cue with 2 lasers in and edit both piece by piece... :-) takes forever...... hehe
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. maybe the clone feature is the answer for you? right click on the fixture and choose clone

OBS. the two fixtures has to be the same.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
yofo
Pro...

Post by yofo »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:i'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. maybe the clone feature is the answer for you? right click on the fixture and choose clone

OBS. the two fixtures has to be the same.
yea it all the same fixtures, I made a 75 step sequence last night with different patterns for each laser, I don't want the lasers to do all the same thing because it looks boring then.. but it takes forever to make such a sequence :?

here is a video of it, below..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

When I watch the video I would say the time you spend on crating is not lost.... looks nice. And you are so right. If the both laser (I think you mean the green ones...) would do the same it would be not that nice looking.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Mavi wrote:And you are so right. If the both laser (I think you mean the green ones...) would do the same it would be not that nice looking.
I think it is a individually opinion. I have the exact opposite meaning about this (pan/tilt may be inverted but thats it)
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
yofo
Pro...

Post by yofo »

Mavi wrote:When I watch the video I would say the time you spend on crating is not lost.... looks nice. And you are so right. If the both laser (I think you mean the green ones...) would do the same it would be not that nice looking.

thx, hehe :D

yes its those green ones :mrgreen: , I had a 3rd laser also, but it was faulty :roll: :(

LOL, I lad a accident while making the sequence last night, I by mistake added the smoke machine in the sequence, and then after every 1min or 2, the smoke machne goes off for 6 secs and filling the entire room, and I have modified my smoke machine to blast out more smoke by making the nozzle to big by mistake, lol, and I had nooo idea what was the problem with my dmx setup, but tnx for the "show output" under edit, that helped me alot
yofo
Pro...

Post by yofo »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
Mavi wrote:And you are so right. If the both laser (I think you mean the green ones...) would do the same it would be not that nice looking.
I think it is a individually opinion. I have the exact opposite meaning about this (pan/tilt may be inverted but thats it)

pan/tilt may be inverted, I have tried, don't like.... I want it to be randomly, so I made my own sequence and added a couple of times my own, pan.tilt and inverts in manually, but I have used a couple of this and that's...... I don't want to use the same style, I like some random styles and techniques
Deviltje
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Choir

Changing the submaster list.

Post by Deviltje »

Hi there,

I have a somewhat similar problem, so maybe there's no need to start a new thread.
I have placed some (a lot) of gobowheel-positions into a nice list in one of the submasters.
Turns out I have forgotten one (a rather important one).
Therefor I wanted to load the SM-list back into the fast que switcher (so I could then save the quelist back into the SM, but I don't know if that's possible.
I can erase the submaster list and start all over, but that's much more work.
Is there a way?
Or.. Do I make sense? :p
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

It is exactly that easy you described it: Load the list into the Cue window (just use the Fast cue switcher). Then you can add your new sequence. This is only possible at the last position. If you want to have it somewhere else, you have to replace all affected sequences. Save the cue list and you are done. Submaster refares to the cue lists so it updates automaticlyto the new one.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Mavi wrote:This is only possible at the last position. If you want to have it somewhere else, you have to replace all affected sequences.
not quite right.

1) Right click on the spot you want to add a new sequence when the spot/line is already occupied.
2) select "insert sequence above this one"

--> now the selected sequence and the ones below are moved one spot/line down, so you can add the new sequence
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Wow, cool. Never noticed that function. I think I have to use the right click some more ;) Thanks!
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Mavi wrote:Wow, cool. Never noticed that function. I think I have to use the right click some more ;) Thanks!
also remember the right click function when creating fixtures :fs:

when you are writing DMX values for colour and gobo wheels, you can get the creator to generate the values by itself... really handy and fast
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

What about the Offline Editing of cue's?
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank

Return to “FreeStyler Software”