These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Did I make this fixture file right? (added .pff and manual).

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
jaysinet
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Did I make this fixture file right? (added .pff and manual).

Post by jaysinet »

Chauvet Double Derby X LED

I created my first fixture in fixture creator but I do not have my interface to test it yet. I was trying to make sure all of my fixtures are ready so when the interface gets here I am ready to rock. Thanks alot.
Last edited by jaysinet on May 28th, 2010, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Did I make this fixture file right? First try thanks...

Post by remco_k »

Hi jaysinet,

Welcome on the FS support forum. As you see I've removed the zip file you attached.
Creating a zip file with the fxt file in it would most probably not be complete.

FreeStylers Fixture Creator has an export option in the file menu. Use that, it creates an *.pff file and makes sure everything is in it (also the images you use).
Please post that *.pff file here. Users can also easily import it by double clicking on it.

Next to that, just posting that *.pff file would not me enough to see if you have made the fixture file correctly. You should post the DMX channel description and manual with it so we can verify you did good. (As most of us probably don't have that fixture either - otherwise it would be created and posted by someone else already).
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Did I make this fixture file right? First try thanks...

Post by Mavi »

I created some fixture files some days ago. I used the manual (the fixture itselfe was not at my side) to setup colors, gobos, and all the rest. But when using the fixture I discovered that the discribed values do not match the colors correctly. I had to adjust the fixture file. But of course this was a lot faster then creating the file after getting the fixture...
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
jaysinet

thanks fixed the file...

Post by jaysinet »

Thanks for the replies, I have exported the file as a .pff and attached it as well as the DMX portion of the manual.

DMX Channel Values
Channel 1 Control Operating Mode

000  014 No Function
015  100 LEDs On
101  255 Auto Mode

Channel 2 Motor Rotation

001  085 Motor Rotation
086  170 Counter-Clockwise Motor Rotation (Slow-Fast)
171  255 Clockwise Motor Rotation (Slow-Fast)

Channel 1 will override the motor control channel (channel 2).
[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonny b good
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Did I make this fixture file right? (added .pff and manu

Post by jonny b good »

Yep that will work.

Just one suggestion that you may like to add ...

In the Shutter ch. line put 1 , 1 , 0
This should then let you use the blackout button with this fixture, test it to make sure it works as it should.
I leave the shutter open as still closed so you have to physically select it via your normal method, in this case a macro on the macro tab.
When you enter the above information it will change the Channel description for that channel, so you may want to re-vist that tab as well.

Hope that helps,
jaysinet

Post by jaysinet »

Hey thanks, I am so excited for the interface to get here to try it out. I will add that shutter information as well.

Also, should I just upload the .pff file to the user created section so others can have it?

Thanks
Jay
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

That would realy be nice if someone else would like to use this fixture file. Perhaps you want to leave a note that it is untested. When you get your interface you can test and tell us if everything works fine - or you can update the fixture file :)

EDIT:
Just saw jonny b good did it already: http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... =62&t=2837
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

jaysinet wrote:Hey thanks, I am so excited for the interface to get here to try it out. I will add that shutter information as well.

Also, should I just upload the .pff file to the user created section so others can have it?

Thanks
Jay
Yep, that is where they should go. I have done so already, but please go ahead and do so, then I will delete my original post.

Oh and thank you for giving the fixture creator ago and creating your fixture. I just wish more people would at least try.
jaysinet

Post by jaysinet »

hey Jonnybgood, so I made the shutter change you suggested but don't think I understand incorporating that function into the macros. Do I have to add a macro for that, or just change the shutter option only and then the master blackout function on freestyler will make this work on the individual fixture.

Thanks

Jay
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

The blackout function in FS is designed to set all shutter channels to zero. After finisching blackout the channel values are restored to the values befor. Therefore you had to add the shutter channel in the fixture file.

I am not quiet shure but I think jonny b good means this:
After adding a shutter channel, FS will gibe you the lamp controll window. Klicking on "shutter open" there will set channel 1 to 1 - but in fact this will not turn your light on. So you have to keep on going the current way using macros to turn your lights on. The added shutter channel is just to interact with the blackout function.
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

Mavi wrote:The blackout function in FS is designed to set all shutter channels to zero. After finisching blackout the channel values are restored to the values befor. Therefore you had to add the shutter channel in the fixture file.

I am not quiet shure but I think jonny b good means this:
After adding a shutter channel, FS will gibe you the lamp controll window. Klicking on "shutter open" there will set channel 1 to 1 - but in fact this will not turn your light on. So you have to keep on going the current way using macros to turn your lights on. The added shutter channel is just to interact with the blackout function.
That is correct, it is added to the shutter part just to enable the blackout function, no other reason. No need to use the shutter window, just use you macros to set the various values for channel 1 & 2, when you need to blackout "everything" you can press the blackout button. If you just want to turn the laser off the use the off macro.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”