These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Quad Gem DMX

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
315andy
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Quad Gem DMX

Post by 315andy »

How well does the quad gem do in DMX mode with freestyler? I can not get it to work.

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Quad Gem DMX

Post by Mattotone »

It seems it should be a fairly simple to setup.
What are you having issues with?
1. Check the dmx output to ensure FS is givving out the expected values.
2. Check your dmx addressing
3. check DMX polarity
5. ensure you have the right drivers for device, (which is?)
6.Do any other of lights work?
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
315andy

Post by 315andy »

I am waiting on my enttec open usb to come in the mail. What I mean is when i select it, i cant get it to work in the 3D visualizer at all. I can not figure out how to do anything with it, and i have read the support page on how to use the software and its still not working. I can't get any of the lights to work in it, is there a way I can learn it better??
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

315andy wrote:I can not figure out how to do anything with it, and i have read the support page on how to use the software and its still not working. I can't get any of the lights to work in it, is there a way I can learn it better??
when you are saying the support page, do you mean the freestyler Wiki website? if not, try to read this and see if that helps.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/faq#magic_3d_easy_view wrote:Q: I can't get any of the fixtures in Magic 3D Easy View to respond when using FreeStyler

A1: Freestyler may not send out DMX:
Make sure you have selected your real interface or the “Virtual Interface” in the FreeStyler setup: [Setup>FreeStyler Setup>Interface Setup>Controller]. If you did not do that FreeStyler will not send out any DMX data to Magic 3D Easy View.

A2: You have not opened/started the Magic 3D Easy View program from FreeStyler:

Press the “3D” button in the FreeStyler toolbar to start the Magic 3D Easy View program. If you have opened the program by not using the “3D” icon on the FreeStyler toolbar then FreeStyler is not connected the Magic 3D Easy View.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
jonny b good
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Post by jonny b good »

315andy wrote:I can not figure out how to do anything with it, and i have read the support page on how to use the software and its still not working. I can't get any of the lights to work in it, is there a way I can learn it better??
It does all work!
Yes read the FreeStyler Help contents, read pages on the FreeStyler Wiki, read pages on the DMX Wiki. There are many other resourses on the interweb to find concerning learning DMX and show lighting.

If you have specific questions to ask about FreeStyler then please do so. Please do not say things like "it don't work" as that is not helpful, explain in detail what you have done and what you are trying to do, the more info we get the easier it is for us to help.
No one person here can teach you how to use FreeStyler, you have to discover that for yourself, don't get me wrong, there are many people here that could teach you how to use FreeStyler.

If you have not got your interface yet or do not have an interface plugged in the select "Virtual Interface" as your interface, don't forget to "Save". Close and restart FreeStyler.
Patch your fixtures in FreeStyler if you have not done so already,
Click the "3D" icon in the FreeStyler toolbar.
Patch your fixtures in Easy View. See the tutorial on the FreeStyler Wiki if your unsure.
Do not start Magic 3D Easy View outside of FreeStyler as they will not talk to each other if you do.

The link to the FreeStyler Wiki is just below the banner and just above the "Make A Donation" button.
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

315andy wrote:How well does the quad gem do in DMX mode with freestyler? I can not get it to work.
What's a quad gem ?

Is it a lighting interface ?
Is it a lighting fixture ?
Is it a 4 channel dimmer pack ?

What I am trying to say is, more info, links to websites or manuals.

All DMX fixtures can be controlled via FreeStyler, sometimes a bit of creativity is needed in the fixture department but FreeStyler can control all DMX fixtures, because all DMX is 512 channels per universe and each channel can have a single value in the range of 0 (zero) to 255, and FreeStyler can do that.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

@315andy: Please ask clear questions instead of simply telling us that it does not work. Also tell us what you have tried, how you have tried and what happened. Take a good look at your configuration and how you have started various things.
Otherwise I'll close this topic too, just like your other topic.
We are not here to learn you how to walk. We are here to hold your hand while YOU are learning how to walk.
And then, when you can walk you can learn how to run. Then we still be here.
And when the bicycle part comes, we will see from there. :)
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
315andy

Post by 315andy »

Thanks guys, I promise I will continue to study up and practice. I am getting much better. One other thing though, what do i do if i have a non name brand dmx laser scanner with no manual?
jonny b good

Post by jonny b good »

315andy wrote:... One other thing though, what do i do if i have a non name brand dmx laser scanner with no manual?
first thing I would do is to use the power of the interweb and try and find a manual. Usually these "non brand" fixtures are made for many sales companies, so get manuals for ones that look like and are described like it.

If you really can't find one then you need to create a fixture that has so many channels and then control it using the sliders to the right. It is a thankless task and might not achieve anything because of the combinations that may be required. If you do get lucky and get something out of the laser then make a note of the values as this will help in creating a "proper" fixture at a later date.

If that is too much work then throw the laser away and get one with a "proper" manual.

All I can say is good luck.
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

Mh. Jonny b good was a little faster then me. He commited his post while I was still wrinting. So here is the same thinking with different words ;)

You can try to finde out if you can get the manual somewhere in the internet. Sometimes fixtures are produced by some vendors and soled under different names by other vendors. Therefore a type-name of the laser or something like that could be helpfull to finde a manual.

Otherwise you have to find out everything on you owne (which can be realy difficult!) and create the fixture file yourselfe. In the wiki there is a part on how creating fixture files. You would have to find out wich channels are used and which values on these channels point to special functions.

You can add some simple par cans and address them to DMX channel 1-10. Connect your laser on channel 1. Now you can use the sliders of the par cans to set DMX values to the channels. The laser will (hopefully) do something. You have to write down how many channels are used for the laser (I think that will not be all 10) and which channel is used what for and which value does what. Then you can crate your fixture file.

Since this is realy hard word, I would suggest you will finde out wich laser you owne and get a manual...
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

For the laser w/o manual is another topic: http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... =74&t=2820
So if you want to answer that question, please do it there.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”