These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

strobe on nanokey

Questions regarding general external control forum.
jerommeke
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2
Twitter: twitter.com/

strobe on nanokey

Post by jerommeke »

hey i'm using fs for a couple of month's now and i like a lot
but i have a cuestion about the strobe function.

i use the korg nanokey as my midi contoller and it working fine. but how can i make a strobe and place it under a key? every thing else works for me, but not the strobe.

thanks for your help
Jeroen

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: strobe on nanokey

Post by dmxlighting »

If can make a 1 scene sequence that flashes the strobe at the requried rate and intensity and then save it to an overide button (If you right click this button you can change the button tom 'Flash' - this is useful for running strobes).
Then assign a button/key on your nanokey to the overide button with the strobe sequence on it.

Some other tips....

When you make your stobe sequence you could programm it so that all the other fixtures blackout.
Or if you assign another button on the nanokey to be a blackout then you can hit this and then the overide.
Overides are not affected by the master blackout.

This will work fine for ANY midi controller. FS only sees a midi channel and note. It cares not what the product giving that info is.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
jerommeke
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2

Post by jerommeke »

Thnx i Will try it. I Hope it works.
stuv
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by stuv »

dmxlighting wrote:When you make your strobe sequence you could program it so that all the other fixtures blackout.
Or if you assign another button on the nanokey to be a blackout then you can hit this and then the overide.
Overides are not affected by the master blackout.
As far as I am aware, Intensity channels are locked to zero during master blackout and cannot be effected by override buttons. This has been the case for all my experiences of Freestyler. The exception to this is if you created a group of all the other fixtures except your strobe, assigned the button to blackout the group rather than master blackout. Alternatively, you could use the Favorite function to blackout all unneeded fixtures and strobe.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Donn't know if I got the discussion right. But if you want to ignore fixtures the toggle blackout, there is the posibility to hit the "ignore blackout" box in the fixtures setup. Fixtures with this box checked keep runing during blackout. I use this for example to not shut down backlight during blackout.

You can set the strobe to ignore blackout as well. Then you can let it flash during master blackout is on.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
stuv
Has mastered Fixture Creator

Post by stuv »

Mavi wrote:Donn't know if I got the discussion right. But if you want to ignore fixtures the toggle blackout, there is the posibility to hit the "ignore blackout" box in the fixtures setup. Fixtures with this box checked keep runing during blackout. I use this for example to not shut down backlight during blackout.

You can set the strobe to ignore blackout as well. Then you can let it flash during master blackout is on.
Agreed....
Forgot about that function :)

Return to “General Midi Controllers”