These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cant control Qspot150 and Techno strobe rgb in club!?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
redsunfd3
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Cant control Qspot150 and Techno strobe rgb in club!?

Post by redsunfd3 »

I am having difficulty controling the lighting system in my friends club the setup it straight forward. There are 8 qspots and 4 techno strobe rgb's the setup is from the laptop to the entec dmx usb pro to the first qspot then daisy chained to tech strobe, qspot, qspot, techstrobe, qspot, qspot, techstrobe, qspot, qspot, tech strobe, qspot. when i set it up in freestyler i use the "Q-Spot" in the program and the Techno strobe and i have a hard time controlling the lights and only half of them move wen i tell them too (the first and third qspot mostly the first is the only to do wat i want) the others do there own thing and the strobes dont respond either n do there own thing. Im lost wat could be my problem the way i setup the program, the lights, or this i kno his dad made all the dmx cables for the lights n soldered them could it be faulty cables? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Cant control Qspot150 and Techno strobe rgb in club!?

Post by Shannon D »

How do you have the qspots set up? Do you have the qspot set to Master/slave mode from the fixtures front panel? Do you have the qspots set to 6 or 9 channel mode from the front panel? How do you have them setup in freestyler? Do they all have their own address? There are several things that could be wrong here including the home made cables. If you give more info, we may be able to help.

I created the Qspot fixture file that is in the FS library. It was created with the intention of using the 9 channel mode (16bit) and the use of 16bit "Alternate" personality. So P2 on the front panel has to be set to "Y". If this is not set up correctly, I can see how the lights would not respond correctly because the pan, tilt, pan fine and tilt fine would not be in the correct order.

Give me more info, its probably a easy fix.

Peace!
redsunfd3

Post by redsunfd3 »

On the front panel they are set to dmx 512 they all have there own addresses and i set those on the qspots as well. is the address setting the channels on the qspot? if not that's one problem, i would figure that's just chauvets way of saying address. in freestyler i had em set up with the auto made address n set that on the lights but that probably is with the address channel mix up if so. I was also using the regular qspot head file not the 150 so im going to download that as well. how should i set the qspots on the front display for freestyler I have them all on dmx512?

thanks a ton
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

The Chauvet Qspot and Qspot 150 are exactly the same except they have different lamps. All the DMX functions are the same. So the Qspot fixture file will work for the Qspot 150. No need to change the fixture file in FS. Unless are forgot to mention it's the new LED fixture that you have.

When I say "front panel", I am talking about the LCD screen and buttons that are physically on the light. The address of each light should be the first channel of each light. So if you added 8 qspots in FS and did the auto addressing, each qspot should be addressed with one of these numbers: 1, 10, 19, 28, 37, 46, 55 and 64. On the front panel of each light, when you scroll through the settings, the "A" setting (Chauvet's way of saying address) should be one of those addresses I just listed. You want to make sure that the "P2" setting on the front panel of each light is set to Y (for yes) confirming that you want the light to run 16 bit alternate, because that's how I set up the qspot fixture file.

If you don't want to run the lights in 16 bit alternate, then a new fixture file would need to be made and the settings on the front panel of the light have to match the new fixture file in FS. Running the light in 16 bit gives you more control over pan and tilt. The difference between the 16 bit alternate and 16 bit non-alternate are below:
"P2" set to Y:The alternate setting just moves the pan and tilt channels to: 1=pan, 2=pan fine, 3=tilt, 4=tilt fine
"P2" set to N:The non-alternate setting moves the pan and tilt channels to: 1=pan, 2=tilt, 3=pan fine, 4= tilt fine
redsunfd3

Post by redsunfd3 »

I'm sure there not the led but if I'm mistaken wat then ? N wat bout the techno strobes? They are un responsive too. Should I just reset it n re input the address?
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I figured we would get the Qspots going then work on the technostrobes. But being you brought it up, if you are using the Chauvet Techno Strobe that came with the FS download, the TechnoStrobe RGB's won't work. The TechnoStrobe in the FS fixture library is for the white 3 channel fixture. The TechnoStrobe RBG you have is a 6 channel fixture. The fixture files are not the same. I would normally encourage you to create your own fixture file so you can learn from it. You should feel lucky today :D as I created it for you.

So if you use the new TechnoStrobe RGB fixture file attached below and set up the qspots on the "front panel" of the fixture as described earlier, that should fix your problems. Unless you have cable problems.

Let me know how it goes.

Shannon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redsunfd3

Post by redsunfd3 »

Hey thanks alot for all your help we got everything situated :mrgreen: as it was the wires i found out wen i arrived to work on it so some re soldering and we were up and running. Thanks for all your help tho definitely learned a lot from wat you said. thanks and i will post videos soon of everything working.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Glad to hear you got it! Looking forward to seeing those videos!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”