These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

SuperBlackout Button

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
reg
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/regorton

SuperBlackout Button

Post by reg »

I've been following a couple of threads and have just had a thought...

Can we get a 'super blackout' button. A button that sends out zero's across all channels regardless of what function FS thinks they provide.

Why?

I use FreeStyler in quite a largeish church set-up with LED washs and DMX dimers. A lot of the fixtures are inaccessible, and hence we cant shut them off (standard practice in theatre situations I think).

It would be good to be able to shut everything off at the end of the day with a super blackout. (blackout sometimes wont shut off the LED's so I have had to make a cue list item called Blackout that does it manually for me, that or just restart FS)

Or am I missing a feature that currently exists?

Cheers

Reg

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: SuperBlackout Button

Post by dmxlighting »

Onge wrote:As far as I am aware, to ensure that fixtures blackout you have to use the shutter channel.
I think it will work with the intensity channel and maybe the lamp channel too ? Could be wrong ?
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
stuv
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by stuv »

Why not use a favorite of every channel set to zero? I do this regularly as i also run into the problem of no true global blackout.

As a side note, a useful glitch in freestyler (note: useful = please don't remove) is that if you are in favorite mode, and you then activate and de-activate blackout you then have control over the shutter channels of all fixtures while all other channels stay in blackout. I used to use this regularly to favorite on the mirror ball with the movers, then gain control over the shutter channels and start them strobing on the buildup before leaving favorite at the peak and going back into movement. :D
Vincetamar
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Post by Vincetamar »

Hello, :D

Do you think it could be possible to create a "Set as blackout value" option in the Edit Menu of Freestyler.
Something that records all the channels values when you click on the option and set them when blackout button is pressed. And the best of the best would be the channels values to be saved when Blackout is pressed to be restored when Blackout is toggled off.

Thanks by advance for your interest.

:fs:

PS: Sorry for my English... :oops:
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

The problem with LED fixture if used in RGB and nothing else then technically they have no dimmer or intensity control. It is also in LTP has it's colours being controlled, the way around this would be a virtual dimmer which in theory is like a dummy dimmer which blackouts it out. I'm not sure how to do it on FS as I don't use the software any more, but it's what I do when I'm using RGB fixtures.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

There is a feature request on having a macro which can be used as black out.
It will this way be possible to make a blackout where the user define what channels to set in "Blackout"

http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=900

/Jan

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”