These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Creating lightshows sync'd to music track

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
spdj20
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Creating lightshows sync'd to music track

Post by spdj20 »

I did some searching on here and saw the threads relating to syncing winamp timecode to FS, however I believe this feature was removed.

I'm trying to create a lightshow sync'd to MJ's "Thriller" for an upcoming Halloween dance as the big intro, before jumping into the main music and regular lightshow I've created.

How do you create specific sync'd lightshows based on certain trigger points in a song, as opposed to just running sound 2 light and manually tapping through the scenes?

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Creating lightshows sync'd to music track

Post by dmxlighting »

Truley the only way is to add a midi time code to the track that calls the required sequences in FS.
This is THE only way that the music and lights can be sync'ed in perfect harmony.
Its not easy but if it was then everyone would be programming lights!

Good luck
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “FreeStyler Software”