These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Troubles with master dimming on Cloudnight C-Miniwash

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
DimiBo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Troubles with master dimming on Cloudnight C-Miniwash

Post by DimiBo »

Hello,

I have 2 Mini Moving heads and configured it for freestyler. Everything is working fine, except when i use the master dimmer, my light starts to strobe for a little moment.

I found that in the dimmer channel also the strobe channel is foreseen ... You can see it in the attached dmx table.
Afther i found this, i changed my dimming value from 0-255 tot 0-134. But in real time, the fixture then gives me white light output that i can dim. So i can not change the red, green, blue, ... values ...

Is ther a solution where you can dim the RGB channels with the masterdimmer ?
Or how can i fix this please ?

Anybody that can help me please for this ?

Kind regards !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Troubles with master dimming on Cloudnight C-Miniwash

Post by Rod_Horning »

Just a few comments

- The 13 channel chart has an error. The channel 11 function references channel 4 - the correct channel is 6 based on the rest of the chart.
- Your macro 1 (RESET) sets channel 6 to 255. According to the Chart this should be channel 13 (which you correctly coded in the Fixture Config tab - you probably do not need this Macro)
- While it is certainly okay the macros that set colors are just duplicating your color wheel (if I read everything correctly).
- In the Channel Description tab you set the default for Channel 6 to 255. This may cause you problems the first time you reduce intensity using the Master Dimmer. Consider changing the default to 0.
-In the Fixture Config tab consider either removing the Shutter Channel entries or else setting the OPEN value to 134 and the CLOSED value to 8
- In the Fixture Config tab I think you should change the Intensity Channel minimum to 8.

If you decide to make these changes please test and let us know the results.

Good luck!
DimiBo

Post by DimiBo »

Hello,
Thanks for the reply !

Some remarks and tests:
1) Your first point with channel 4 must be 6 is correct.

2) The reset is not for resetting the fixture, but to set the programm channel in zero.

3) I know that the macro is used double(instead of the colourchannel). But all my RGB fixtures have the same macro's ;). Marco 0 is reset colour, macro 1 is red, macro 2 is orange, ... So every fixture has the same precolours programmed ;)

4) I changed the shutter values (255-134), the dimming values (0-8) but the dimming, master dimming is not correct.

!!! The weird thing is that when i set dimmer in 8, no light, seems correct, and then i can use red, green, ... channels. Red and green only dimmable with their channel.
When i open more the dimmer, to for example 30, the light is starting to give a white light (RGB mix), and is starting to overrule the red, green, colours (not the channels.
When i open the dimmer to maximum (134) than it is full white (RGB) and everything i setted up is overulled.
When i close the dimmer again. Then the red, green, come back ...

Strange but maybe this is the fixture ???
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for your response.

The white light overriding the RGB values does seem like it is the fixture. In the Freestyler menu click on Output and then click Show Output. This opens a window that shows the DMX values being sent to the channels.

Find the instrument. Set values in the RGB channels 7, 8, 9 and set the White channel (10) to 0. Now vary the Intensity channel (6). Do channels 7, 8, 9, or 10 change? If not then it is almost certain that the issue is the design of the instrument.

Question: What does your instrument do when you run Macro 1 (the Reset)? The macro sets the RGBW channels to 0 and the Intensity channel to 255).
DimiBo

Post by DimiBo »

Hi,

I just did the test....
1) RGB channels on different values. White channel on 0. Then i change the dimmer channel, and on the output page, the red, green, blue, white values stays the same, and the dimmer channel is changing.

2) RGBW channels on 0. Then i change the dimmer channel from 255 to down, an sudenly when it come to 134, the light goes on (rgbw channels stays on 0) and then i can dim this light.

=> Seems the light is not working fine ... Correct ?

The reset value is only to set de dimmer channel open and the rgbw channels cleared. It is not for resetting the fixture, therfor channel 13 is foreseen.

Kind regards !
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thant you for your response.

=> Seems the light is not working fine ... Correct ?
It may be working as designed but it is not working as I would expect and desire it to work. In my opinion Channel 6, values 8 through 134, should vary the intensity of the RGBW lamps from whatever value is set in those channels down to no light output. That is the way every other LED instrument I've encountered, that has a separate intensity channel, functions.

Can you contact manufacturing support and ask how the function is designed?

I'm sorry I have been unable to solve your issue.
DimiBo

Post by DimiBo »

Thans for the tips and help!

I think i will use it like that, and not using the master dimmer for this fixture then. Because for contacting the manufacture gor a light that is already some years old ... i will not get help i think ...

Thanks!!!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”