These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem with programming sequences

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
cjjb86
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Problem with programming sequences

Post by cjjb86 »

Hi

I am having troubles programming a sequence using freestyler.

My process is.

1. Select fixtures which will be programmed by the sequence.
2. Open Create Sequence
3. Set Values, whatever they maybe (for example on one fixture I am setting two dmx values, one another 2 fixtuers I would like a bezier shape running).
4. Insert Cue point.
5. Save Sequence.
6. Drag saved sequence to cue list.

When I press play on the sequence, the actions that I though I saved in the cue editor don't action. Or they action for a second or two and then then lights go dark and nothing happens.
Manually adding dmx values via freestyler works fine, and so does bezier shapes. I want to program my lightshow to only do a few simple things, but I am finding it tough with freestyler.

Appreciate any help, I have followed the steps on the wiki and I am still getting nowhere.

Thanks

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Problem with programming sequences

Post by djSupport »

You 'insert cue point' do you mean you created another 'scene'? A scene is like animation frames, you have an option to 'snap' or 'fade' or 'off' between scenes when programming if you save your first even with the light on and it's set to snap on the second scene it will turn it off again if nothing is set, as fast as you have set it, if it's set to 'off' on the second scene the value will remain unchanged and not turn off if it's set to fade it'll fade the values for example it you set the dimmer to full and the next value to 0 it won't simply turn off it will fade down at the speed you've set when programming etc check the wiki for a full walkthrough guide to programming
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Also when you open a new sequence you are on step 1. Just adjust the channels that you want on and turn on the bezier and save. there is no need to add a step unless you want different actions to happen within that scene. Basically just remove step 4 in your description
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

In the sequence creation window click on options (lower left hand corner). If "clear channel values when closed" is selected try un-selecting this option, saving the sequence and test.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”