These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Gobo Window Not Show All, Is there a limit?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
BradWhite
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Gobo Window Not Show All, Is there a limit?

Post by BradWhite »

I have a laser with over 200 preset patterns. I used the 1st Gobo channel for the static patterns (the vast majority of them) and the 2nd Gobo channel for around 15 pre-configured animations. All is fine except for the Gobo window displayed in Freestyler. That window has only displayed my entire list of Gobos (laser patterns) once. The Gobo window comes up 99.9999% of the time with only a small number of the Gobos showing.

The window will be tall and narrow (4 icons wide at the most). I can not resize the window, and I can not move the window by dragging the title bar, but I can move it by dragging it from within the window itself. But moving it does not correct it.

As I said, that window did appear correctly ONCE - showing all 200+ icons. But only once.

Are there restrictions are a suggested limit on the number of Gobos you can set up?

Is there a better way I can program all of those patterns? They are all crammed on one channel, and the first 197 are changed in increments of 1.

I know I don't need 200+ laser patterns, but I would like to be able to see them all so I can pick those that I like. And yes, there is a slider for that channel, but have you ever tried using a notebook mousepad to move a slider 1 step at a time? Let me tell ya, not fun!

Thanks for your time, thoughts, and or suggestions,
Brad

BradWhite
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Gobo Window Not Show All, Is there a limit?

Post by BradWhite »

I found the following statement elsewhere, which does express that there is a limit to the number of icons that can be displayed. It does not say that limit, but we know it is less than 148.

"To display all 37 different LED lighting patterns on all four lamp heads, previous versions of Fixture Creator and FreeStyler would have needed 4 X 37 or 148 total macro buttons. Not only are 148 macro buttons cumbersome, but it also reaches the limits to how many buttons can be placed on the Macros window in FreeStyler."
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Gobo Window Not Show All, Is there a limit?

Post by djSupport »

create more fixtures using fixture creator i.e. laser 1, laser 2 with the same details but the values and images for the next group of images/patterns, address them identically in FS then use the windows from the first one for control then use the other fixtures windows for setting the desired pattern OR print a spreadsheet or something with the values and pattern images, then use a custom slider in fixture creator and adjust the values to match the image on your 'cheat sheet' you printed
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”