These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem with Laserworld EL-400RGB MK2

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Ralf_muc
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Problem with Laserworld EL-400RGB MK2

Post by Ralf_muc »

Hello Everybody! :-)

I have a Laserworld EL-400RGB MK2 laser in my setup. I used it for some weeks in combination with my other lights on my first interface (Stairville DMX Joker 512 MK2 USB-DMX Box) and the "DMX Joker" Software. Everything was just running fine with the laser.

Then I wanted to control my laser independently from the other lights and so I bought a second DMX-interface (Eurolite USB-DMX512-Interface/Update-Adapter).

As software I would use Freestyler X2 (4.1.1). I created the most basic fixture for the Laser (Manufacturer, Fixture name, Fixt. pictures and Total channels). That's enough for my purpose, because I want to create custom shows with bare DMX-values.

Now here are the problems (might be one):

1:
When I set up the sequence, everything seems to be just fine. The steps are reproduced nicely repeatedly.
But when I start the show, it's repeated once and then it stuck, although freestyler repeats the steps again and again.

2:
Some sequences seems to cause problems. For instance, when I want to create a scanning-sequence with Zoom, the laser seems to get stuck. It then sends the beam somewhere where it shouldn't (most top to the ceiling or down to the ground) and makes a strange noise. When I reset 'All basevalues @ 0' as quick as I can then, the laser turns everything off. So it's not "freezing" completely.
But that doesn't fix the problem. If I turn it on again (with any DMX-values), it's "locked" in that e.g. "more-than-uppermost" position. So, it will do things as I order to, but it's much to high on the ceiling and won't come down again.
To fix this, I have to turn the laser complete off and on again.
Then it's in a normal condition again.

Because the laser was running without an issue before on the other interface with DMX Joker Software, I strongly suspect, that there are "wrong" DMX-values sent to the laser.
I already exchanged the DMX cable, but it didn't change anything.

Because I only need a tool to send DMX-values to the laser, I didn't get too deep into this yet.
Maybe someone can help me with this issue. I'm pretty sure this is a "worst case user" problem :-)

Best,
Ralf

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Problem with Laserworld EL-400RGB MK2

Post by djSupport »

check the output window to see whats getting sent and or try another of your lights in freestyler, it could be a programming error i.e. your expecting this behaviour but that's not how it works in FS (Perhaps)
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Stewe357
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Stewe357 »

Hello Ralf. At the end could you found the good setup for this Laser? I'm asking this because, I bought a same type of laser and I didn't found any good fixture for this. I downloaded the additional fixture list but that is also not contain this laser. :(
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Could you switch the interfaces so that your first interface (Stairville DMX Joker 512 MK2 USB-DMX Box) controls the laser and your second DMX-interface (Eurolite USB-DMX512-Interface/Update-Adapter) controls your other fixtures?

This will tell you if the new interface is the problem.

You also might consider updating to 4.1.4 which is a bug-fix release of Freestyler.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”