These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe once startet does not stop

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Homer
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Strobe once startet does not stop

Post by Homer »

Hello,
I just started to test a fun generation LED Pot 12x1W QCL RGB WW. All works fine except the strobe (available in 6 and 8 channel mode, last channel allways) does not stop with the strobe channels value set to 0 again - in opposite to the fixtures documentation. The fixture remains in strobe mode giving a flash each second. It is stopped with a reset of the output only. With restart it does not flash until the strobe channels value is set to a value bigger than 0, and the strobe frequence depends on that value as expected.

I'm a total beginner. I started to get aquainted with the equipment and the software yesterday. I have 6 LED Pots of that type, but I don't have other fixtures to compare with. All DMX signal transfer components are from LIXADA: wireless receivers model HK-WDMX01C, the DMX512 Wireless Controller model HK-WDMX02A and the USB-to-DMX-Adapter model HK-WDMX03C recognized as uDMX. I already replaced the original driver "libusb" dated 2010 by the driver "LibusbK" dated 27.04.2014, but it makes no difference.

I use the fixture definitions Fun_Generation_LED_12_RGBW 06ch.pff or Fun_Generation_LED_12_RGBW_08ch.pff, both are contained in the newest fixture library. When I opened one of them first time with the fixture creator, I wondered that with the strobe channel the value "off" is not specified. But I made no difference when I set it to 0. Then there are values specified for "low" (10), "med" (128) and "high" (255). I did not find any documentation about the settings "low" and "med" and assume that "high" corresponds to the highest strobe frequency. What will happen, if I delete the settings "low" and "med"? Will I be able to stop the strobe mode in a regular manner?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Strobe once startet does not stop

Post by Partyman »

Many of the manuals just have wrong information. I just go through the channels 0-255 and learn exactly what is what and how it works. Write down (or adjust fixture file live) the channel values that work best for you. Save and reload fixture
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

Under the setup tab turn off "Link sliders with channel functions" if that's on and test again.
With my lights the strobe also doesn't go off but that's because it uses channel 16 as if it's channel 0 and that's because of "link sliders with channel functions"
Homer
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by Homer »

SiGNe wrote: December 19th, 2021, 8:37 pm Under the setup tab turn off "Link sliders with channel functions" if that's on and test again.
With my lights the strobe also doesn't go off but that's because it uses channel 16 as if it's channel 0 and that's because of "link sliders with channel functions"
Thank you very much, that helped me in my first approach. Later I discovered the output window, and then I came across an incorrect low setting of the strobe. This seems to limit the slider value of the strobe downwards. Since I set the low value so that I can reach the value for "off" given in the manual, I can also end the strobe again when "Link sliders with channel fuctions" is set.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”