These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No Broadcast Address on Art-Net Universe 2

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
giraffupus
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

No Broadcast Address on Art-Net Universe 2

Post by giraffupus »

Hi all,

I have two universes running Art-Net and would love to control them through Freestyler. I'm succesfully able to set up and control my fixtures in Universe 1 by selecting the Art-Net interface and filling in the appropriate Network adapter and Broadcast Address in the setup.

However, when you select the Art-Net interface through the universe 2 tab, the Network Adapter and Broadcast Address dialogs do not appear. My universe 1 needs to broadcast to xxx.xxx.5.201 and universe 2 needs to broadcast to xxx.xxx.5.202.

Is there any way to set a broadcast address for universe 2? Even if I need to open an .ini file or something?

Thanks for any help,

giraffupus

Re: No Broadcast Address on Art-Net Universe 2

Post by giraffupus »

I figured out that if you save a setup with only one art-net, and then go back in and reselect Art-Net for Universe 2, it gives you all the options again.

The actual problem is that once you save the settings, it applies whichever broadcast address is visible to both Universes, and then you lose the Network and broadcast dialogs again, so the GUI as it is doesn't seem to allow you to set different broadcast addresses for two Art-Net universes.

I looked through all the text readable files I could find and don't see the setting saved anywhere.
Motsik
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/motsik

Post by Motsik »

1st Universe need to be 0 0
2nd Universe need to be 1
giraffupus

Post by giraffupus »

Thank you for your response but that doesn't address my issue.
The problem isn't with the universe numbers.

I have a controller for universe 1 that has an ip address of 192.168.5.201
I have a second controller for universe 2 that has an ip address of 192.168.5.202

If you select Art-Net as the interface for U1, and then switch tabs and select Art-Net as the interface for U2, each tab will have a field for Network Adapter, and for Broadcast Address. The problem is that the broadcast address field is synchronized between universes. So if I put 201 in U1, then move over and put 202 in U2, when I tab back to U1, it is now also set to 202.

If you set either one and save it, when you come back to the setup interface, the Network Adapter and Broadcast Address options for U2 have disappeared. There doesn't seem to be a way to set Universe 2 to a different broadcast address than Universe 1. That's my current issue.

I've tried the suggested 2.255.255.255, 10.255.255.255, and 255.255.255.255 broadcast addresses and then I lose signal completely, whereas if I use either 192.168.5.201 or 202, I can control half of my fixtures, but never all.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”