These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Using TCP commands to control single channel values

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
giraffupus
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Using TCP commands to control single channel values

Post by giraffupus »

Hi all,

I have the TCP commands working, but I don't see any way to control a specific DMX channel value. I run a planetarium with about 100 LED fixtures over art-net and I'm trying to find a way to have fixture specific control. Is this possible using TCP commands?

For example, let's say I wanted to set my 50th fixture, which has channels 150, 151, and 152 for R, G, and B values. Is there a command to set channel 150 to a value of 255 and turn just that one fixture red?

Thanks for any help. I'm looking at a variety of solutions and Freestyler is so close if I could just get per channel control set up.

giraffupus
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Using TCP commands to control single channel values

Post by giraffupus »

Update: For any future persons, you can signal individual channels using the "command" commands, from 319-339
For instance sending these commands in this order
fsoc320255
fsoc332255
fsoc320255
fsoc319255
fsoc319255
fsoc337255
virtually enters 1@100 [Enter] into the internal freestyler command pad and sets channel 1 to 100. Each line of that is:
Command 1
Command @
Command 1
Command 0
Command 0
Command Enter

If there is an easier way to address a single channel someone let me know, but this works for my needs.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Using TCP commands to control single channel values

Post by Jan_K »

Nice to know.

This may be useful for other users :)

If you have the time then please make a small note eventually with a small programming example on the wiki.
Eventually also with a shot how to get started.

/Jan

Return to “FreeStyler Software”