These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Help with moving head range of motion

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
spawn2031
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: x2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Help with moving head range of motion

Post by spawn2031 »

Hello guys, I'm still pretty new to this software but I have been scouring and searching both the internet and the wiki for a fix for this with no results so hopefully y'all can clue me in. I have some moving heads and spots that are working great in every aspect except for with controlling motion via the pan / tilt window. Whenever I go to use any of the pre programmed shapes, the lights always use the center point of any given light as it's location to base to start from (center location for all of these lights is pointing straight down). This makes sense as a default setting but is there a way to make the shapes begin from a lights current point? For example, I have most of my lights set to be pointing at a 45 degree angle facing forward. I'd love to be able to make them do a figure 8 pattern without them first going to their center point, then beginning the pattern. Is there a way to change this behavior?

A second thing I would like to be able to figure out how to do is (for lack of a better term) mirroring. Say I take 2 moving heads and I want them both to do a pattern but I want them to do it in opposite directions of each other... is there a button I can click to do this easily? Seems like such a basic function, I figure I'm missing something very small.

Thank you for your help!!

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Help with moving head range of motion

Post by Partyman »

I hate saying this but; you really need to read the wiki. All of your questions are about basic functions and are fully covered there. All the things you want are easily accomplished within Freestyler but I am not gonna rewrite the Wiki.

https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/freestyler

Return to “FreeStyler Software”