These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Invalid filename error

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
kharman
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Invalid filename error

Post by kharman »

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to resolve an Invalid filename error in Fixture Creator 6.9? I am brand new to Freestyler but was having some success on my test PC. Then I installed the software on my production PC and every time I try to import I immediately get an Invalid filename error and cannot proceed. I am not even given the option to chose a file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Invalid filename error

Post by Partyman »

if you have made changes to a fixture you must export it to a file. Once exported get it on the machine you are wanting it on and just double click on the file to install it on that computer. When you restart freestyler all should work
kharman
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by kharman »

Thank you for your reply. I have the exported fixture file from my other computer, however I get the error message I mentioned above each time I click on Import before any interaction with my file.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

It would appear that something is corrupt or incomplete within the exported file. There is a empty value, missing icon, ... that is not coming thru on the export. I would go to original computer and do a full check on the fixture file then export it again (saving is not the same as exporting and just copying the fixture file will not include associated icons and pics)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”