These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence/Cue Changes with no Fades

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
DecibelFoundry
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Sequence/Cue Changes with no Fades

Post by DecibelFoundry »

First post here! Looking forward to using this software more!

I am trying to use MIDI to trigger single snapshot sequences loaded into a queue. I got all the triggering linked up but how do you make it so the lights change immediately without a fade? I'll lower the fade to the lowest it can go 500/500 and I can still see the fade between sequences.

I even tried setting it the lightning symbol and it seems to change faster, but then I will get a flash about .5-1 second later. So it will change and then blink.

My lights have a strobe mode too that I am using and that fade just looks weird as it slows down the strobe for a fraction of a second before switching.

I am using this rig to trigger lights with MIDI along side metal bands where the music is moving fast and the changes need to be quick. But even fades like from red to blue will do a brighter purple for half a second before changing.

Oh and if I hook these up to my Chauvet light boards or the myDMX system I have, they do switch instantly, so I am pretty sure it is the software and not the lights. Any help or ideas would be great! TIA!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”