These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Duel fixture file help Topic is solved

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Duel fixture file help

Post by perrip »

Hello, I have an American DJ pocket spot duel I am trying to get to work. I have read on the forum and the Wiki about making and loading 2 fixture files that control the separate parts of the fixture, and loading them on the same channel to be able to control the fixture, that makes perfect sense. However (I am using version 4.1) Freestyler will not let me do that. It says there is a channel conflict and defaults it to the next available space. Is there a way around this. I try to force the channel location, it says that it is changed but it won't really do it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks so much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Duel fixture file help

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Perrip.

Think you shall report this in "The Bug Tracker"

I am not sure of how to have same addresses on two fixtures is working in the 4.x version as there has been a major rewriting of the channel control.
But it is definitely something to report.

/Jan
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Ok Thanks, I will do that, Thanks for letting me know!
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

Make one fixture.
The DMX settings allow for each light to be controlled seperately.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Hey Thanks for the tip, I will try that as well. I think the problem for me will be in the movement panel, because it will be looking for only one X Y selection, is there a way around that?
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

perrip wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 12:01 am Hey Thanks for the tip, I will try that as well. I think the problem for me will be in the movement panel, because it will be looking for only one X Y selection, is there a way around that?
In 23 channel mode you can control those.
You might have to make some custom sliders/macro's for easier control
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

The problem is that you can only use the pan / tilt functionality on the channels configured as pan and tilt.
Fex. Bezier shape.
You will not be able to use that on custom defined faders
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Yes you are totally correct, and I use Bezier shape a lot. If I could make two fixture profiles, and start them on the same channel it would not be a problem. I can not seem to do this with the new 4.1 version, it seems there is no way to force it. Could you do that with earlier vs? I did not try it when I was using 3.6
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

You can do it with 3.6
Raphael is looking for a solution to version 4.1 but this may take a bit of time
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Oh nice, thanks for the information!
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

A possible but very messy "solution" is to make multiple fixtures. Basically 2 fixtures for each function. I have not tried this so I don't know if it will work.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”