These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Mapping a fog machine independently of can lighting

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
abarra
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.0.0
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Mapping a fog machine independently of can lighting

Post by abarra »

Hey all, I'm new to freestyler and need help!!! I am working with the Venue PAR38 cans (2) and Rockville Fog Machine R1200L (2). I am running Ableton Live 10 to Midi trigger my show through Loopbe. I have my output track in Ableton set to Ch 1. I have created fixtures for both to the best of my knowledge but the problem I am having is when I set the midi notes in Freestyler (FS) setup it works fine on the cans but when I highlight all fixtures the same notes are triggering my fog machine LED's and I can't get anything to happen with the fog. How do I separate these 2 machines to have total independence of each other? I've tried assigning different channels and creating a different midi track in ableton accordingly but it doesn't change anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Mapping a fog machine independently of can lighting

Post by Mattotone »

do you have individual fixture control within FS?
Are the fixtures all on separate nonoverlapping address?

You may need to upload screenshots and videos for us to understand your problem and what you are trying todo.

But the first step is to be able to control your fixtures in FS without midi.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
abarra

Post by abarra »

Hey Mattotone, thank you for your reply. Yes, I can work the fixtures separately and grouped together. I've attached my output panel screenshot and setup. The foggers are another set of problems but I think if I can figure out how to isolate fixtures with midi, I can figure that out next. Right now, if I highlight all the fixtures, then the fog goes whenever the red trigger is played however, I'm willing to take it a step at a time to streamline info. My thought is this could lie in channel assignment? Let me know what you need based on this answer (I hope I explained this well enough). Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abarra

Post by abarra »

Got it! Never mind

Return to “Show us your shows...”