These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem with KORG nanoKONTROL 2

Questions regarding general external control forum.
djotto
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Problem with KORG nanoKONTROL 2

Post by djotto »

Since a few weeks I have problems with my KORG nanoKONTROL 2 and I can't figure out what is wrong.

I am running a computer dedicated for Freestyler DMX. I have attached a KORG nanoKONTROl 2 midi controller what was working good for the last years!
Now suddenly the LEDs are not working anymore. I mean the control from FS to the midi controller. The LEDs only light up when I push the button, but that is normal behaver from the controller itself.
Previously the LEDs stay on while a CUE page or CUE button was active. That is not working anymore.

Because nothing is changed in de software, and I know for sure, and because on another backup computer the issue was exact the same, I thought that the midi controller was malfunctioning. Therefore I ordered a new (even two) midi controllers.

After changing the midi controller the issue was still the same. I cannot figure out what is wrong. So I installed a fresh install of FS (3.6.51) and started all over. Also here the same issue.

I used a computer with Windows 7 with the default drivers and also a computer with Windows 10 with the KORG drivers. All the same behaver.

And I am sure that previously the LEDs did burn when a CUE page (tab) and a CUE button was selected because I have photos that shows me that it worked. (I was doubting myzelf).

I really don't know what happened and why this is not working anymore with different controllers on different computers.
I tried setting all various modes of the KORG nanoKONTROL 2 and also reset it to the default. I all cases I didn't get a positive result.

It looks like that FS is not sending midi commands to the controller.
Yes, in the midi control settings, the midi controller is selected for input AND output.

Maybe someone can help me. Maybe with a test tool to send out some midi commands to the midi controller to verify that the LEDs can burn of something like that.

Thank you
-Otto
Last edited by djotto on September 28th, 2020, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”