These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Choosing and Starting Sequence/Cues with Midi

Questions regarding general external control forum.
kevinmpeters
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Choosing and Starting Sequence/Cues with Midi

Post by kevinmpeters »

Hi All, Admittedly I'm not much of a light guy at all but I've managed to make some chases work and use the beat multiplier with an output from our mixer to sync them to kick and snare hits. This is all working quite well for us (our show is 14 RGB Par38 cans and 4 mini moving heads).

Our band uses an app called BandHelper that starts click tracks for us based on the song and changes midi on our pedal boards and electronic drum kit. It has the capability to send CC/PC and Raw midi. This has allowed us to automate our show.

I'd like to get a bit more advanced and have our BandHelper app send midi to FreeStyler to start a specific sequence/cue based on the song. I envision having maybe 10 generic chases on the RGB with various changes on the movers, and a few song specific sequences and having the bandhelper App send the select and start/stop messages.
Again there is a ton I don't know and I'm having trouble with searching for the info, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kevin

kevinmpeters
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Choosing and Starting Sequence/Cues with Midi

Post by kevinmpeters »

This video helped me figure it out. Basically select your interface and then choose the CC or PC you want to use and trigger it from your midi app while in "learn" mode on the setting you want to have that midi PC or CC. Then just make sure the velocity is right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMv4qtCXhhY&t=1089s
RobGal
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: Choosing and Starting Sequence/Cues with Midi

Post by RobGal »

Thankyou very much for the suggested video !!!
Resolved, for me :)

Return to “General Midi Controllers”