These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

FreestylerCommunicator for 64bit

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
pixtur
Knows how to turn Lights ON

FreestylerCommunicator for 64bit

Post by pixtur »

Hi,

I am working on a tooll.io Operator that forwards data to FreeStyler. I played around with Matt's FreestylerCommunicator / FreestylerConnection DLL but they only seem to work with x86 applications. Is there any way to make this DLL work also from a 64bit application?

BR,
pixtur

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: FreestylerCommunicator for 64bit

Post by Mattotone »

Freestyler is a 32bit program, iv never had much look getting send message to work from 64bit and would compile for x86.

docs.Microsoft.com
Shared Memory—When using shared memory, be aware that a structure in a 32-bit process may have a different size and layout than the same structure in a 64-bit process. This is especially true for structures that contain pointers or handles.
Pointer Truncation—Although a 32-bit application can use the LONGLONG data type to store a 64-bit value, there are instances where no Windows API element exists that would enable the 32-bit application to receive a 64-bit value from a 64-bit process, or to send a 64-bit value to a 64-bit process. For example, the GetWindowLongPtr and SendMessage functions truncate all pointer values, leaving the 32-bit application with a useless value.
Handles—Because kernel32 and user32 handles are only 32-bit significant in both 32-bit and 64-bit processes, they can be transferred between processes without a problem. However, some items that Windows defines as handles are really just wrapped pointers (for example, HTREEITEM). These "handles" will be truncated if they are passed from a 64-bit process to a 32-bit process.
WinEvent Hook Functions—To register an in-context hook function with a 32-bit server process, the hook function must reside in a 32-bit DLL. Similarly, to register an in-context hook function with a 64-bit server process, the hook function must reside in a 64-bit DLL. If an assistive technology application attempts to register an in-context hook function with a server that has a different bit-depth, events will still be delivered to the hook function, but they will be delivered out-of-context. For more information, see WinEvents and In-Context and Out-of-Context Hook Functions.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
pixtur
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: FreestylerCommunicator for 64bit

Post by pixtur »

Thanks for your reply. I guess this means, that I have to send TCP/IP commands.
I wasn't sure, but did you also write a wrapper for this, as well?

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”