These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

New fade modes

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
abyssdj
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

New fade modes

Post by abyssdj »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these pointless? Couldn't you achieve exactly the same effect before the update by (in the case of snap in fade out) choosing snap then fade on the next step, for example? I'd have preferred snap in fade out to work on one step, like a momentary colour flash. That way it could have been triggered per beat, rather than two beats.

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: New fade modes

Post by Jan_K »

See your point.
There is a feature request on fade mode in "The Bug Tracker".
Please enter your comments there.
abyssdj
Just started using FS

Post by abyssdj »

I doubt I'll bother, I've put numerous bug reports and feature requests in over the years. Annoyingly, this one could have actually been a solution to one of them, had it worked how I suggested in the original post. Nevermind - pitfall of free software.
abyssdj
Just started using FS

Post by abyssdj »

For clarification, take a look at these:

http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=1299
http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=1300
http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=1301

I posted them in 2016. The first, in particular, is how I feel the new fade modes should work. Naturally, on an LED fixture, it would give a smooth "beat flash" type effect which could be applied to colour, intensity, strobe, etc. A traditional colour/gobo wheel fixture would work as in the example video and again, enable a flash per beat. Currently, it is only possible to replicate by using beat multiply (which disrupts other running sequences) or sequence restart, which is unreliable for short flashes.

The other two I have created work arounds for. Auto cue selection I wrote an Luafs script, auto slow sequence I created using the sequence repeat function and shape generator.
abyssdj
Just started using FS

Post by abyssdj »

Have added a link to this thread on the bug tracker.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”