These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ Pearl WH

ned911
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

ADJ Pearl WH

Post by ned911 »

American DJ Pearl WH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GaryBonaducci
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: ADJ Pearl WH

Post by GaryBonaducci »

I have discovered a small conflict/bug when using this fixture file with FreeStyler 3.0.19 (beta). It may be possible that the problem occurs with previous versions too.

When creating a sequence and running it through the "Create sequence" palette, this profile works fine. However, when running the lights as a step within a Cue, the fixture operates either full intensity, barely on, or any brightness level in between. It will not strobe nor completely turn off in a Cue sequence.

This problem apparently occurs because the Cue subprogram sends the fixture Intensity values last, after Strobe and Shutter values are sent. In a "normal" fixture, the Strobe channel is often set up on a separate channel from the Intensity and Shutter channels. However, with this fixture ADJ has taken the unusual approach of putting all three functions onto one DMX channel (channel 1):

248-255 Open (Fixture On)
200-247 (Strobe Fast to Strobe Slow)
008-199 (Dim to Bright)
000-007 Closed (Fixture Off)

So if a sequence was programmed to have the fixture fully off (0-7), FreeStyler's Cue subroutine seems to send the 'off' value, followed by the value 8 to dim the fixture to minimal intensity. If a fixture was sequenced to strobe (any value between 200-247), FreeStyler's Cue subroutine seems to send the strobe DMX value followed by maximum intensity (DMX value 199). This therefore leaves the fixture on at full intesity, rather than strobing.

One workaround to this problem that works for me is to edit the fixture file by deleting the Intensity Channel values. In NED911's fixture file, the Intensity values are set to channel=1, min=8, and max=199. By using Fixture Creator to delete these values and saving the file, I can get the fixture to behave properly when run through the Cue palette.

One drawback of this workaround is that in FreeStyler, the Intensity slider no longer appears on the Lamp palette. For me, this is fine because I run the fixture either Off, On, or Strobing. I don't often program this light to dim. But if dimming was necessary, one just needs to remember that channel 1 needs to be set to a range between 8 & 199, and this can be done using the right-side flyout panel that appears when a fixture is selected.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

I use fixtures with strobe and shutter on the same channel a lot. No problems whatsoever.

The bug is'nt in FreeStyler. Its in the fixture file.
Maybe you also have problems when controlling the shutter intensity directly in the "Lamp" screen with this situation?

From your post:
248-255 Open (Fixture On)
200-247 (Strobe Fast to Strobe Slow)
008-199 (Dim to Bright)
000-007 Closed (Fixture Off)
So, the shutter dim function should be set between 7 (closed) and 199 (bright). Right?
But in the fixture file the shutter channel is set from 7 to 255, also covering all the Strobe functions...
Thats whats wrong. It should be set from 7 to 199.
Then you'll be fine.

Attached the fixed file - let me know if it fixed the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Monthlymixcd
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Monthlymixcd »

Question for anyone that uses this light:
I just moved from analog on/off control on two of these (connected master/slave with an xlr cable and one set to mirrow the other) to DMX control... and it seems that DMX control takes away the sound active reverse-direction thing that it used to do and I can't seem to figure out a way to replicate that in DMX. Thoughts?

Return to “American DJ”