These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

USB problems

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Bucko0988
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

USB problems

Post by Bucko0988 »

Hi guys, I’m having a problem with my laptop running Windows 7 and the latest release of freestyler, when I plug in my enttec opendmx everything works fine and as it should, but as soon as I plug in any other USB device I.e usb mouse, thumb drive etc the fixtures all go crazy and give me no control what so ever until I remove what ever else I’ve plugged in and just leave the enttec in on it’s own. Iv tried using different combinations of usb prots etc and can’t think what else to try.

Bucko0988
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: USB problems

Post by Bucko0988 »

I should also mention this is a problem Iv had for a while and on various versions of Windows 7 and versions of freestyler. The same problem occurs on 2 laptops I have which are completely different brands and specs
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

1. If you only connect one fixture with a short dmx cable, does that work correctly then?

2. If not: Try connecting your Enttec via a powered USB hub (=A USB hub which has its own power supply).
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

also make sure that you have the power settings on your usb hubs NOT on setting that "allows computer to shut off" in device manager

Return to “FreeStyler Software”