These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

seperate color windows

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
TMProjection
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

seperate color windows

Post by TMProjection »

Hey guys, so im using dmx512 interface with 8 RGB LED strips, is there a way to have seperate color windows open for each fixture?

https://gyazo.com/63f1462fc3b134302ca74bc058c57c5a

so underneaf each fixture a color window is shown

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: seperate color windows

Post by Partyman »

No that is not possible at this time. You can select all of the fixtures and get 1 color window that controls all but there is no way to have a color window open for every fixture at the same time.
The software is not designed to be run on "on the fly". The software is designed to create scenes or sequences and stack them for use in various ways. Meaning you should create scenes that do the color patterns you want and save them to buttons or cues for easy repeat use.
You may want to look into using the "DMX400" part of freestyler to control your led pars or strips, it can give you great diversity in your show with very little setup.

Good luck
TMProjection

Post by TMProjection »

thank you very much for responding, ill be honest this is only for a home project and im experimenting for myself, i been researching into various programs but ive had most success with freestyler at the moment

by any chance do you know of any programs that could have multiple windows open with color selector for each fixture?

opened up dmx400, will have to flick through some tutorials, thank you
Partyman
FS is my life

Post by Partyman »

I personally do not know of any software that will do what you are wanting (does not mean that it does not exist)
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Just another thought: just make presets(=sequences) of each color for each fixture you use. Gonna be some work at first. But then:
Put them in Override buttons, or better: in the Cue window. Enable multiple cue's to be run the same time in FreeStyler setup and, if you need quick access, configure shortcut keys on your keyboard to the sequences or override buttons.

OR

Make presets(=sequences) of colors in all fixtures you use.
Put them in Override buttons, or better: in the Cue window. Disable multiple cue's to be run the same time so that if a new sequence is started, the other one stops.
If you need quick access, configure shortcut keys on your keyboard to the sequences or override buttons.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
TMProjection

Post by TMProjection »

thanks so much for the suggestion, im still a very very new beginner in DMX stuff, will have to look into override, just learnt how to use sequences the other day

thanks dude
Partyman
FS is my life

Post by Partyman »

Overrides are just another way to run sequences but can only run 1 step sequence also known as a scene

Return to “FreeStyler Software”