These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Akai APC pages issues

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Gilbz
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96i
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Akai APC pages issues

Post by Gilbz »

I can't get the pages to be mapped so the same buttons do 2 tasks.
I've read the Wiki page (show n below), read loads of pages on the net and nothing has been mentioned on my issue.

Basically for Page one I have my Cuelist (16) and then when I assign the same buttons for Page 2 it changes the Page 1 buttons to Page 2.

I have the Midi pages set up 1 to 5 on independent so they don't get changed when swapping.
I have Toggle Cuelist set to Page one, assign button (all works great) change the values for the pad to illuminate
Save this.

Click the learn button, Click Page 2 and do the same for the second set of Toggle Cuelists and save.

When I now hit the pad for Page 1 all my buttons are blank, hit pad for Page 2 and the 2nd cuelist is working fine.

Where am I going wrong??
Any help greatly appreciated

If I don't create another page and just use Page 1 I can get my 2nd Cuelist page to work but the lights are static, the 3rd page of cuelists has no lights at all.

Page
The Page mapping is used to give a note (control) multiple functions.
“Page independent” means that the function mapped to this note will always be the same no matter what the page settings are. It could be functions like “Master intensity” and “Toggle blackout” which is functions that are nice to have available no matter what page is selected.
In all the other page settings the note and the mapped function is only available on the selected page. Example could be a button that has note 10 with page 1 selected it is “Open Gobo” with page 2 it is “Open Color”, with page 3 selected it is “Open Pan/Tilt and so on.
NOTE: You configure buttons to set the MIDI page number (or next/previous MIDI page). These should be page independent, or you might not be able to change pages. Alternatively, if you just wanted to use 2 pages, you could use one button that in page 1 changes to page 2, then in page 2 it changes to page 1.

Gilbz
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96i
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Akai APC pages issues

Post by Gilbz »

All sorted.
First time using MIDI and mistook what it does.

The buttons on the midi controller can only be assigned to different functions in the MIDI assignment list, you can't have a button perform different tasks on different Cuelist pages which is where I was going wrong :roll:

Return to “General Midi Controllers”