These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wireless DMX Stick

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Tibby
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Wireless DMX Stick

Post by Tibby »

Hello fellow Freestylers! Has anyone gone wireless yet with the new wireless dmx "sticks" ? I want to purchase some, but I heard thru the grapevine that they won't do a full universe. Does anyone know that for sure. It doesn't say anything about it in the specs, except it is 126 channels of "frequency switching". Screen shot below.
One would think if you Google that, you would get 10,000 hits on the subject, but I couldn't find anything to say yes or no. Please help! Thanks, Tim
Wireless Stick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Wireless DMX Stick

Post by Rod_Horning »

My understanding of the 126 channels in the documentation is that the wireless device can communicate to the transmitter on any of 126 different frequencies. This is a feature to avoid interference from other wireless devices.

It states it supports DMX512 so all 512 DMX channels should work so it should support a full universe.

It may also be possible to support multiple universes by using the group ID code and a second transmitter but you would need to throughly read the documentation to be sure.
Tibby
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Tibby »

Thanks Ron. This supports my thoughts as well. I'm gonna order these and try them out. I'll file a report as soon as I have thoroughly investigated them.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6

Post by perrip »

Hello, just a comment, I have about 15 of the lixada wireless dmx sticks you have in the photo, and they are amazing, and I can use them for all 512 channels. and doing some complicated stuff (fast chases, about 35 fixtures) sometimes I have notices the transmitter gets a little funny and needs to power off and power on, but for the most part they work really well, and now I could not live without them
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

oh yes, and I have used 2 transmitters on different universes and it has worked well
dekw1
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: None of your damn business!

Post by dekw1 »

I Use the Donner ones, I have 9 at the moment,the ones with re-chargeable batteries, and they work great
Un gel spГ©cial est utilisГ© pour aider si vous avez vasculaire cГ©rГ©bral et de crise cardiaque.
GenerateTheatre
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: x2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by GenerateTheatre »

Hi everyone, new user here just getting into DMX lighting for the first time. I'm really interested in the wireless versions of DMX and was wondering how you physically use the transmitter with Freestyler: is it as simple as plugging the transmitter into the USB/DMX adaptor I have in my computer, or do I need a separate piece of hardware?
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Yeah, that is all you have to do, the transmitter gets plugged into the usb to dmx output device, and the receiver goes on the beginning of your light dmx chain. you can use 1 receiver at the beginning of the chain, or as many receivers as you like (can have one per fixture if you have enough. I made a mistake in the last post, I use the Donner brand as well, but I think they are the same as the lixada ones. I do not use the ones with a batteries, they have been amazing for me.
HWJ23
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51

Post by HWJ23 »

I updated to FS 3.6.5 and my donners are not communicating any ideas
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

I am not sure, I have upgraded as well and my donners still work.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”