These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

New iOS developer arrives!

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

New iOS developer arrives!

Post by djSupport »

Please welcome Keibir as our new approved iOS developer,
Please assist them by reporting bugs and issues directly to him, he'll be along shortly to introduce himself!

Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Keibir
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: New iOS developer arrives!

Post by Keibir »

Hallo Community and Freestyler User,

my name is Keith Birkenkampf. I am from Saxony, Germany. I am a student of technical informatics and in my freetime i support local events with lighting technology. I use freestyler DMX and i thought i should make an application for using it more comfortable with your iPhone/iPad. I started to develop: KMX - freestyler remote.

At the moment it has the following possibilitys:
+modern and for all iOS-Devices optimised design
+request of the current cuelist and status
+control (start/stop) of the cues
+request of the current buttonpage and status
+control (start/stop) of the buttons
+general functions: Blackout, Freeze, Toggle Favorite (with status) and fog, Toggle all Fixtures, Release All (without status)
=> More functions coming soon (important things first)
+control slider
+control Pan/Tilt
+gyrosensor for Pan/Tilt
+request of the groups and status
+select/deselect of groups
+swipe left on Groups to switch blackout of this group
+choose cuelist-tab

I tested the application on an iphone 6s, 7 plus and an ipad Air 2.
If you find any bugs or if you have some requests, write me a message and i will fix it or try to implement your wish :)

thats all for the moment! :fs:

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kmx-fre ... &ls=1&mt=8
Video(not the newest version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCuloP21tA
Last edited by Keibir on July 15th, 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

LOOKS Great,

Might give me and DJSupport a reason to upgrade our respective apps. ...its been a while :oops:
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Yours allready work well and you gave support for it- so there wasn't the requirement to renew it. ;)

But if i have inspired you - feel free to make a new version - i would be curios about it. :fs:
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Looks good mate.

Nice job so far.
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Thx buttza :) still working on some new features
RiFF
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by RiFF »

Great start... What are your priorities for features?

It would be nice to be able to grab individual fixtures, rather than predefined groups. Thanks!
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

I would prefere that a lot and it would get the highest priority. The Problem is, that the interface of freestyler doesnt give us mobile developer the possibility. I tried to request this feature but the developer Ralph didnt see a use of implement sth like that. (He is the only developer of freestyler - so he has a lot to do i think)

Maybe i can find another solution.. with a plugin for freestyler to add some functions to the tcp interface

what features do you would like to have?

At the moment i try to release it also for 32bit devices if possible. After that i wanted to make the random button from beta to final with a settingspopup after longpress.
Djtomdmx
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Bedroom Lighting.

Post by Djtomdmx »

i can't seem to connect to it can someone help thanks
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Hey Djtomdmx - it should be really easy:

1. the computer and the ios device are in the same network?
2. you need to know the IP-Adress of the computerwhere freestyler is running
3. you need to let freestyler through the firewall of the computer
4. open KMX on your iOS device and enter in the first field the IP like: 123.456.789.123
and in the second one the Port of freestyler which is if not changed: 3332
and click on "Verbinden" (i will translate this - i forgot :roll: )
Last edited by Keibir on August 4th, 2017, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djtomdmx
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Bedroom Lighting.

Post by Djtomdmx »

the app still won't let me throw.
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Can you send my some additional Informations like the device you use, the ios version, which alert comes up and what did you enter. Maybe i can help you after that.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
lesjones22
Just started using FS

Post by lesjones22 »

Keibir,

So glad to have an iOS developer. I've just downloaded the app and it's working great. I am trying to use an iPhone or iPad for light control at the entrance to our church so that people don't have to go into the media booth to turn the lights on from the computer there. Are you planning any type of user customization in the future?
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Hey lesjones22,

thanks for your feedback :)

This is a good point to think about. Which kind of customization do you have in mind? Colorize the App like you want or more the rearrange the menu and the cues in the list?

Have a nice weekend
lesjones22
Just started using FS

Post by lesjones22 »

I would like to make it as easy as possible for those who need to turn lights on and off. Maybe just some simple buttons that change from red to green when you turn them on. A real bonus would be to be able to put a logo in the app screen. I'm attaching a photo of something that my friend did for Martin's MPC software as an idea of what would be ideal. Thanks so much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Sorry for not responding earlier . i simply forgot it :roll:

Looks good. I will think about it - maybe i start with an autoreconnect to skip the login page for those like you, that have the same ip of your freestyler "computer" all the time. The logo as a background is possible - i could do that in one of the next releases. The way that your friend was going is possible, but i think this should be a different app because it has a different structure then my freestyler remote. I try some things and will answer you the next days. But dont worry - if i make it as a new app - all people that purchased the freestyler remote will get it for free.
lesjones22
Just started using FS

Post by lesjones22 »

Any more progress?
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

At the moment i am on holidays but yes there is some progress. The last thing i did was upgrade the code to swift 4 and fix all bugs related to this. After that i implemented the autoreconnect switch at the connect-screen. At the moment it is in beta-testing. When i am back at home i will have a look at the results and if everything works fine i will release it
Last edited by Keibir on November 1st, 2017, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipp
FreeStyler Version: 36.43
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by flipp »

I have tried the app on IOS 10, there are no buttons displayed in the App, cuelist is displayed fine. Freestyler Version is 3.6.38. Any idea?
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

If you are at the Buttonpage try to reload the content with swiping down till the reload sign appears. If you allready tried this i will try the same settings that you have when i am back at home and message you :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Hey guys,

I thought about it. I added some things to the main App "KMX" and changed some part of the code. With the next freestyler versions it will be possible to read the fixturelist and dmx-addresses of the fixtures via TCP. So i concentrated on this. After that i upgraded the layout to "stay up to date" with the general iOS look. Autoreconnect ist also implemented now. There are some more points i have to implement like submasters.

At this point i can clearly say that is not possible to implement such a look like the one you showed me in the existing app. BUT it is possible to write a new one with that kind of functionality/look. The logic/code behind will stay the same.
I work for a company that makes engineering solutions for industrial things and i develop KMX in my freetime. So i think this will take some time. I am sorry and i hope you arent disappointet to much :)

Feedback and Wishes are still welcome.
lesjones22 wrote: October 25th, 2017, 3:29 am Any more progress?
Keibir wrote: September 30th, 2017, 2:57 pm Sorry for not responding earlier . i simply forgot it :roll:

Looks good. I will think about it - maybe i start with an autoreconnect to skip the login page for those like you, that have the same ip of your freestyler "computer" all the time. The logo as a background is possible - i could do that in one of the next releases. The way that your friend was going is possible, but i think this should be a different app because it has a different structure then my freestyler remote. I try some things and will answer you the next days. But dont worry - if i make it as a new app - all people that purchased the freestyler remote will get it for free.
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

Dear Community,

i saw that there are some bugs in the App. I only get a few informations from apple. I cant recreate the bugsituation with this errorlogs.

Please update to the latest version and if there are some issues, write me a message!

In my testcases everything works.
(Simulated devices from iphone 6 to x, ipad air to pro, ios 9 to 11)

But maybe there are some configurations in Freestyler that i do not think about.

Best regards,

Keith
lesjones22
Just started using FS

Post by lesjones22 »

I am just reading this so I haven't yet downloaded the latest version. Here's the problem that I've been having - the app will work great for a few hours but if I leave it open overnight and then try to use it the next day, it says that it can't connect to the network. If I go to the master computer and restart Freestyler, the app works great again. It's like the app is dropping/timing out the Wi-Fi connection. As I stated before, I'm trying to use it at the entry to our church in order to turn on the house lights, so I need it to be active at all times. I'll attach a picture for your reference. Thanks for any help!
Keibir

Post by Keibir »

lesjones22 wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 3:58 am I am just reading this so I haven't yet downloaded the latest version. Here's the problem that I've been having - the app will work great for a few hours but if I leave it open overnight and then try to use it the next day, it says that it can't connect to the network. If I go to the master computer and restart Freestyler, the app works great again. It's like the app is dropping/timing out the Wi-Fi connection. As I stated before, I'm trying to use it at the entry to our church in order to turn on the house lights, so I need it to be active at all times. I'll attach a picture for your reference. Thanks for any help!
Okey - i understand your problem but in general that is no issue of the App. In my mind it is the general timeout of a tcp-socket connection and freestyler does not close the socket if the client timedout. I will write Raph a mail about it but i can release a small "workaround" in the next version. It will send a kind of keep alive signal while the app is running. I think this will fix your problem.

Is the App running all the time and the device is on or only in "standby"?
lesjones22
Just started using FS

Post by lesjones22 »

I have the app running all the time. When I installed your latest release and enabled auto-reconnect, it works by restarting the app. One other issue/question. I'm running it in Guided Access mode so that nobody can go to other apps on the iPad. However, the screen doesn't blank out after the defined time in settings, thus the screen is on 24 hours a day. I'm sure that this will lead to screen burn in. I thought that it may be an issue with the Guided Access mode but I tried it with other apps on Guided Access and it worked fine. Thanks for your help and a great app!

Return to “iOS (iPhone & iPad)”