These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chinese made stage light, experiences ?

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
donnib
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Chinese made stage light, experiences ?

Post by donnib »

Hi,
I am interested in experience from users that have bought Chineese manufactured stage lighting. I am interested in things like, noise, quality, problems, support (if needed) etc. I just bought one PAR light from Aliexpress here are my initial thoughts :

18X3W-LED-Par-Light-54W-RGB-PAR64-DMX-PAR-Stage-Lighting

Link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/18X3W-L ... 32080.html

My experience:
The light is cheap made, it's made of plastic, it does the job. The fan is very loud and rumbles (can probably bee fixed if i open it up or maybe even change the fan. I would have liked that the light came with 18 rgb led instead it comes with 6R, 6G, 6B meaning you most likely never going to use it at it's full power as suggested 54W depends on the color. I also think the color would have been more smooth if the mix was made inside the led. DMX wise it seems to react to DMX commands but have not made the right fixture file for it yet.

If you have experiences with other fixtures like par lights, moving heads etc please do post.

/donnib

A3aanKeij
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Re: Chinese made stage light, experiences ?

Post by A3aanKeij »

My experience: power consumption is less than half, not really 18x3W...
cotdagoo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by cotdagoo »

Pretty sure this is the same light a friend who runs a bar bought..

Only time I've ever had problems with flickering or bad connections is when I use these lights.. the DMX inputs aren't the greatest in my experience.

Here's the fixture file I created for them in case you want to try it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

I won't lie, pretty much most of things these days are made in china, including lighting and sound.

It's a known fact that most of your components inside your big brands will be made in china, very few are still manufactured in the UK. This is something that they will not admit as they want you to believe china is bad and their products are brilliant. It isn't a lie that the branded stuff is better, but the only difference between Chinese lighting and branded is the quality of the components and the support afterwards.

Branded stuff, you'll get grantee and customer support.
Chinese, you'll get your fixture and maybe a manual if you're lucky. Then you're alone.

It's down to personal choice. I've used branded things, I've used unbranded things, I've used cheaper things that are copies of the branded stuff. It's your choice.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”