These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Gobo rotation not working??? Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Gobo rotation not working???

Post by kittmaster »

Since updating to the latest and greatest easy view, I was building a new fixture profile for the visualizer and thought I was doing something wrong.

I checked my previously working ADJ mover that I know is 100%, the gobos don't rotate for that either.

Anyone have the same issue or possible workaround?

Seems like the 3D viewer site is not working to try and get some answers.

Thanks,
Chris

kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Re: Gobo rotation not working???

Post by kittmaster »

Additional note, all other attributes of the fixture work correctly like dimmer, gobo change, color, prism, prism rotate........only thing not working is gobo rotation. I really need to get this sorted....I'm even willing to try a beta if anyone has it.

Thanks,
Chris
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I would say that it is the fixture profile has incorrect channel info.
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by kittmaster »

Thanks, this was sorted days after this post.....in short the updated visualizer sucks. It doesn't parse old fixture files and correct and convert previous control attributes to the new format that it uses, therefore, you have to rebuilt each aspect of the channel profile in scanview to make it work.

As of today, I have a fully operational fixture.

Thanks.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Are you talking about .ssl and .ssl2 profiles?

Also I have used this alot and noticed that alot of the fixture profiles are incorrect which means lots of time used to correct the required fixtures. :S
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by kittmaster »

Yes, the ssl files is where the new format seems to be. I found if you delete a parameter and update it with the same function, like a dimmer or rotation, it rewrites the ssl file and all of a sudden works normally. It doesn't seem to parse the file and automatically update the obsolete format to the new one. So its a lot of leg work to fix what is broken......at least that is what I found with profiles I made from 2012 version to the 2014 version.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”