These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Wiring

Mod Fixtures, Interfaces, Cables, ETC.
MBProductionz
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: @dijayben

DMX Wiring

Post by MBProductionz »

Hi Guys and Gals,

Quick question, is it possible to configure DMX wiring to have 1 input and 3 outputs?
I'm thinking about creating my own wiring loom and want a series of connection points that join power and DMX.

Idea was each box would have 1 power in and 3 out (2 for light units and 1 to join to the next box)
Same with the DMX 1 input (wireless dongle) and 3 out (2 for the light units and 1 to join to the next box)

Power wise, I've sorted this out, but the dmx I'm not familiar about protocols.
Brief Google didn't really return anything obvious to me (then again not sure what I'm looking for)

Can send images of mock up if needed

:)

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: DMX Wiring

Post by spud1511 »

You cannot do this with cables.. It will create a whole bunch of problems that wreck the dmx signal.
You can get a box that will split dmx and power - like this one http://en.briteq-lighting.com/product/4631/DS-12- that is a 2way one though, just to show what I mean (you would need to find a 3way to use as you describe).
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: DMX Wiring

Post by Nathanrs93 »

It would be possible to build one, yes. But you need to do a bit of research and have a good background knowledge in DMX and electronics, so you can build it correctly and properly.

Return to “DMX Modding”