These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Numark Orbit MIDI Controller

Questions regarding general external control forum.
deeepdish
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.54
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Numark Orbit MIDI Controller

Post by deeepdish »

Hi Everyone,

I bought a Numark Orbit MIDI controller in hopes of using it with Freestyler. I'm able to connect it to Freestyler (3.54) and when setting up the MIDI profile, I see appropriate MIDI channels / values change in the when assigning buttons to Freestyler functions.

I can't figure out why when all assignments are defined and confirmed committed, Freestyler won't respond to these commands. E.g. I have a few buttons setup on the Orbit to control sub master functions (up / down / stop / run) and nothing seems to respond. I suspect I'm missing something simple.

djbessant
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Numark Orbit MIDI Controller

Post by djbessant »

I know it's been a while but I've just purchased a Numark Orbit and I'm having the exact same issue myself...
Freestyler obvouisly recognises it but it doesn't do anything once you exit out of setup!

Edit: I've just updated to 3.6.3 and it seems to be working however I need to double tap for example:

Override button 1 (set all lights to blue):

1st tap = lamp dimmer 100%
2nd tap = change colour to blue
3rd tap = nothing I can see
4th tap = lamp dimmer 0%

hmmm..
the_pproject
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by the_pproject »

I have the Orbit too... Sorry my English isn´t Good Enough to say why, but I think it´s not possible to use it for (Flash - ) Overrides (because Toggle/NoteOnOff). But normal Overrides are working on the Numark Orbit. Maybe you first try to control simple functions - like Blackout... And do some experiments with the "Note On/Off" function in the MIDI settings. I have activated it....
Boone
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96g

Post by Boone »

I also have the orbit. It works fine, but the only thing i had is that de led pad's doesn't have the colours that i have made in the orbit editor from numark.
The pads light up as black or white and not ass all the colours that i programmed.
Can U help of give me info please ?

Return to “General Midi Controllers”