These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Color Strip Mini DMX Mode [Solved]

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
tkodarkside321
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Chauvet Color Strip Mini DMX Mode [Solved]

Post by tkodarkside321 »

Hello,

Our church recently did a stage remodel and we added 2 colorstrip mini's and 1 colorstrip.

I've been able to successfully add them to freestyler and have already created some new sequences.

My issue is with the colorstrip mini's. No matter what I do, they don't remember their dmx programming whenever the power is cycled. Whenever I turn them on before a service, they default back to dmx channel 0. I basically have to manually keep telling it which dmx channel it needs to be set to before every service.

I followed the documentation provided with the lights, and I am doing everything according to the documentation......however, they keep "resetting" back to the default value.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with these mini's? I have an email submitted to chauvet and hopefully I'll hear something back soon.

Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Chauvet Color Strip Mini DMX Mode

Post by Kings »

Had something similar with some cheap par cans. After entering the DMX address always had to ensure I hit enter and then exit back to the first layer of the menu.
tkodarkside321

Post by tkodarkside321 »

Hmm, I might have to try that. The Chauvet customer support contacted me and wanted me to send them back in for repair.....but I can't really do that at this point as I don't have enough extra lighting to light my backdrops.
tkodarkside321

Post by tkodarkside321 »

Actually got this figured out. I received an email from Chauvet customer support. They said that after you select which dmx starting address you need the fixture on, hit enter (which I was already doing), then back out of the sdad menu and move up to the next menu which i think is saad, then hit enter to go into that menu. After going into that menu, the fixture will start flashing, and the numbers on the back of the display will all turn to zeros.

After that, you're done. The guy said that when you move up to the next menu and enter it, it will actually save what the dmx starting address was.

I've been through 6 or so services and haven't had a single issue with the colorstrips forgetting their dmx starting address.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”