These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Give us some feed back

Discussion and help regarding the FS Wiki
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Give us some feed back

Post by Jan_K »

Give us some feed back
It is important that you give us feedback on the wiki topics.

If there is something that don’t work
If something is missing
If something is unclear or you just don’t understand.

It is the only way we can improve.

/Jan_K

kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Give us some feed back

Post by kittmaster »

There are piles of spelling and grammar errors, I've corrected a couple of them. What I think would be more advantageous is if someone could create VIDEO type of tutorials (not youtube crap). I find that even though the images and text flow "ok"in the wiki, for some that have never touched any type of DMX stuff, and want to learn, video teaches a lot faster than someone having to read through all the jargon (in which most don't know WHAT to search for in the beginning).

You have to remember, what is simple to some, may not be simple for all or noobs like myself. If it wasn't for my background in engineering, it would be like climbing everest to figure out how to use the software. I realize that I'm asking that you "teach" people how lighting works, but you can't have one without the other......there aren't huge demands for lighting technicians or even schools that one would graduate to do this "kind" of work.....I'm sure it's covered in some multimedia courses, but is there a "large" pool of "lighting" engineer's being farmed out of colleges?......not that I'm aware of.

Also realize, most have already got the cash strapped into lighting, some don't have it yet and there is no way to "demo" this stuff without spending some serious hours learning how to do this. Hard to get people to lay down $800 on a "can i get this going" hope.

Also, using videos, have some PREMADE FULL PACKAGES for specific lights so someone can just open up the project and have it SHOW the person how it works. For instance, MANY DJ's have 4 can pars, had I not read some obscure thread about NOT creating a dimmer pack and use the light directly where the dimmer pack is transparent, well, I went looking for a DP-415 in the beginning, and then tried to make one, and then realized that thread and found I wasted a few hours for nothing! If one could pick up the 4 CAN par demonstration package with 3d rendering, they can load it, run it, and SEE exactly what they can/would expect, then the video could fill in all the blanks on how to DIY.

Just some thoughts I've had now that I've gotten most of my stuff working and now moving to the creative.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

The Problem is everyone is different we are all volunteers and haven't got the resources or time to make videos with every body being different some will learn through text some video to me the best way is hands on 1-on-1 but that'll be impossible for us to do we all have full time jobs I'm a security guard! 6 days a week! its easier to make wiki pages in word or other word processors then copy and paste into the wiki software, The main contributers again volunteers are not native english speakers so mistakes do creep in...

We're all volunteers and if you want to help make videos we'll try to support you or anyone who wants to help us improve things.

Regards,
Adam (djSupport)
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

There are more issues here.

I have been writing a lot of the stuff in the WIKI and I make errors.
That is not a problem.
But we are only a few guys writing in the wiki and no one to review the texts and that's a problem.
Things that I have been writing 100% clear and at a later time when I read it again I don’t understand what I have been writing that is not good.
Spelling and grammar that's the same.

Videos:
That would be nice. My son also wants to have it on video because then he don’t have to read.
It is actually common.
First when something don’t work as expected then we start reading. :)

I actually tried to make a video tutorial but the quality was youtube level and to do it right is not a single person job.
Also imagine a Dutch, German, French, Spanish and a Danish guy speaking English.
We are single persons located in various countries.
You will end up thinking writing, additional with a lot of images, is the best way.

But we need to know where people get lost in our writing and that is why we nee feedback.

Then finally this is a free program and we (my opinion) have a help that is just as good as or even better than commercial programs. I have been looking on the help to programs that cost a fortune and they survives by a hotline not on there user manual.

I have started a small stage tutorial on the WIKI where it is possible to download all the single components and then play with them.
This way it should be possible play with FreeStyler and see the result in the 3D easy view without spending any money.
It is the only way to see if it fulfill your demand fast and free.

If you look at some of my answers in the forum, to people that are stocked. Then I ask where did you get lost.
95% don’t answer and that is a problem.

You can be a great help a great help when you find something in the WIKI that you don’t understand. Then make a new post here. You don’t have to correct it yourself.

And if you want to make videos the let us know and we will give you all the help we can.

(Don’t hope there was to much rubbish in this one) :D :D

/Jan

Return to “FreeStyler Wiki”