These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Just a hello

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Just a hello

Post by skintner »

Hello all,
Just an introduction... not my first post (fixture requests) but a chance just to say hi... I am Steve, totally new to DMX and lighting. I am getting involved for our musical ensemble.

I don't have a lot of stuff and less experience, but I can say today that I have (finally) successfully set up my Chauvet 4Plays with my Chauvet Obey 40... a much better understanding of fixture addressing, but not happy with how the Obey directs my lights... the sliders are hard to control (too much too fast) so I am looking forward to learning how to get FS to do it for me.

I have a truss loaded with colored pinspots, 2 4Plays and 2 of the ColorSplash 86b wash LEDs... I also have a Chauvet DMX311x Kinta... hoping I can control it from FS as well. I have a dimmer pack coming for my LED spots (ADJ) and a couple non-DMX foggers.

I think lighting is an art form and I'm hoping I can get enough of a handle on it that I can have one of my kids operate our lights from a laptop, which brings me to my one question for today:

Is FS 64bit compatible? I have a new Sony Vaio notebook (Win7 Home Premium 64) that I would LIKE to use (with the Entec USB Pro)...

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning from you folks here.

Regards,
Steve
:ugeek:

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Just a hello

Post by dmxlighting »

skintner wrote:
Is FS 64bit compatible? I have a new Sony Vaio notebook (Win7 Home Premium 64) that I would LIKE to use (with the Entec USB Pro)...

My Laptop is 64 bit and works perfectly with FS and an Enttec Pro device. So yesit should be just fine.

Lee :fs:
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Same for me 64bit and enttec pro works perfect!
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

Yes, the Enttec works fine on 64 bit windows!
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by skintner »

I just got the Entec but I don't have a 5 pin to 3 pin DMX cable... crap... why does this always happen in the holiday season?
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

skintner wrote:I just got the Entec but I don't have a 5 pin to 3 pin DMX cable... crap... why does this always happen in the holiday season?
Not sure where you are from but in the UK Maplin's stock 5pin plugs or Ebay will have 5 to 3 convertors premade for a few pounds.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
matt
Admin

Post by matt »

I carry 3 to 5 and 5 to 3 adapters with me always. You never know if you will need to tie into a house lighting system.
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
matt
Admin

Post by matt »

See -> viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4155 for more info on DMX Adapters.
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky

Return to “Off-Zone”