These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Have'nt been around much

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Have'nt been around much

Post by remco_k »

Yesterday, shocked by several hundreds of visitors from all over the world on my website for S2L. I have no idea why. I did'nt create a new release. :D I welcome them, no problem. I just wondered where they all came from.

Or was that an organised "lets all visit remco_k's website and see if he wakes up?" event? :mrgreen:

Today, thinking about the above, I realized I have'nt been around much on the FS forum.
There's no real answer on why that is, its just the case it is.
Interests shifts with the years I guess, and as I'm not doing much lighting gigs anymore it all fades away slowly. Equipment is just lying there. I had great times with it.
Work, family, hobby and a little small business are keeping me.

From time to time I recieve e-mail from (really, really!!) happy S2L users, having idea's for new functionality and rewarding me for my work. I read them all, I answer them all. In time, I'll look into al those ideas and might compile a new S2L version.
Thats what reminds me of how great this community of FS users is. You should all be keeping to this level.
Even companies trying to use the free S2L tool for their software.

I don't think I'll be visiting this forum more often from now on. But I am sure I'll keep on coming back every once in a while.

Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Have'nt been around much

Post by wardomon »

I, for one, miss your input. I was a full time roadie doing sound and lights for almost 20 years. I got married and only did a few gigs a year for the next 20 years. The band I worked for in the '70s got back together and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get back in to it. The gear is heavier than I remember.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Well I'm glad you'll keep checking in even if its once every 2 months! and Wardomon "The gear is heavier than I remember." Have you seen these new fangled LED things ;)
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

any new stuff coming with S2l?
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by wardomon »

@djsupport: I've used a few of the the LED par cans. Makes the Rosco and Lee swatch books obsolete. Back in the day, I'd sit in the front yard on a sunny day and hold the samples over white paper to get an idea of how different colors would mix, blend and go together. Another 10 years and I might be able to afford some. Unfortunately, I'll be 70.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Return to “Off-Zone”