These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

This is how i configured my BCF-2000

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Shift Function

Post by lindsayward »

discodave wrote:...there's one thing I don't understand. How did you create the 'shift' button in your configuration?
I think I figured this out from looking at FreeStyler's setup, see screenshot attached.
shiftFunction.png
There's a "Shift Function" command, which is set to the button in this config, then some of the other commands have page set to 6 instead of 1. When you hold down the shift button now it seems to set the input to page 6.

I found this because I thought I was setting my new buttons by holding the shift button when in MIDI edit, but I wasn't - I was just overwriting with page 1.
You have to click the "Shift" button on the right side of the assignments and then press your button on the controller normally (don't press the button programmed as shift or it will get reassigned).
Then when you're finished, change the button in FreeStyler back to Page 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

discodave
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: This is how i configured my BCF-2000

Post by discodave »

Thanks for your reaction Lindsay, I'll give this a try as soon as I can, probably this should work :)
Photovor
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: @webnerdnick

Post by Photovor »

Thanks for this great configuration. It's giving me a perfect starting point for my BCF-2000 set up. I have one odd issue though. When I import your configuration and start the midi, if I change any of the intensities in FS, the BFC2000 faders react, but when I change a fader on the BCF, the intensities sliders in FS don't react.

I have the correct midi in/out set up as well.

IF I go into the external midi and 'edit' one of the intensities, and change the corresponding slider on the BCF, and save that, then I can get everything to work together and display properly. When doing this, the channel numbers are exactly the same, so it's not an assignment issue. It's like I have to go to each channel thats setup and just bump it to work.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be? I could just go through the whole configuration and make the 'edits', but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing a fundamental step.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I have just recently purchased a BCF2000 and am trying to configure in Freestyler. I have downloaded the zip but the Freestyler midi configuration file is not working. Can someone please upload a current .fms file

Thank you
Rusty
studijo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by studijo »

Hi all,
I'm a newby and have purchased a BCF2000.

As I understood so far, I need to upload the .syx file to the controller using BCEdit (downloaded from the Behringer website). I installed Java (V8 update 25), needed for the application.
When I click on 'Scan' in BCEdit, on the left side the controller is found: 'BCF2000 1.10 ID:1' appears in the device list bun when I select this line, i get a popup error: 'Time out, the device is not responding anymore'.

Any idea why this happens and what to do against it?

Thanks for your support
Freestyler 3.5.9 on Windows 8.1 with DMX4All USB interface.
BCF2000 with firmware 1.10
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)

Post by Spirit »

hi.

dont use BCedit this softawre $#%$.
use Midiox or even beter BCmanager.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
studijo

Post by studijo »

Thanks Spirit. Using BC Manager and spending some hours to read the manual I suppose the Syx file is now stored in the BCF-2000. Will tell other newbies here how to do when I'm sure it works.
Next step for me was to import the MIDI settings into FS. When I load the FMS file I get an error: 'Incompatible MIDI configuration'. Any idea why this happens and how to solve this?
BIG THANK YOU in advance !!!
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)

Post by Spirit »

hi this post doesnt work anymore because there have been allot of bug fixed and new features.
therefore the old files below 3.5.5 (i think) doesnt work anymore.

and SYS files are not from freestyler these are "System Exclusive messages" midi files

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
keitelmaxi
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by keitelmaxi »

Hey, i Freestyler cant read the fms file.

Freestyler: "Incompatible Midi Configuration"
studijo

Post by studijo »

The FMS file isn't no longer compatible with the actual FS version. See Spirits post above.
I had the same problem.
RingK

Post by RingK »

With this config, would it be possible to do what i'm asking viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6658&p=27164#p27164 ?

Return to “BCF2000”