These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Error on Startup

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dustin
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Error on Startup

Post by dustin »

Hello,

I'm new on working with freestyler and today I get my new scanner Eurolight TSL-100 and the Eurolight USB-DMX512 Interface.
Now I have a problem when startup Freestyler with the DMX-Interface. Everytime there comes an error "DHC_OPEN-DHE_ERROR_NOTOPEN".

In the settings the selected Interface is "USB-DMX512" and the driver you can download by Eurolight are also installed. Without connected Interface and "Virtual Interface" as seelcted interface at Freestyler the error doesn't occur.

My operating system is Windows XP with SP2 and Freestyler 3.2.1.

Does anyone have an idea what my problem is?
Thanks for any hint or help.

Greetings,
Dustin

Greetings, Dustin
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Error on Startup

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

well, if you have connected the "Eurolite USB-DMX512" interface, you should select "Eurolite USB-DMX" in freestyler setup and not "USB-DMX512" which is another interface than yours.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dustin

Post by dustin »

Hello Kristian,

thanks for your quick help.
But the "Eurolite USB-DMX" is not listed at the available interfaces at the Freestyler software.

I installed the driver for the Interface you can download by Eurolite, also there's no "Unknown Device" in the device manager at Windows.
When I connect and disconnect the intrerface you can here the typical windows sounds. So it seems that the Interface is recognized by the system.

Any idea?

Greetings,
Dustin
Greetings, Dustin
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

The Eurolight USB-DMX is just recently implemented in the Beta version - which only beta testers recieve.
So you'll not find it in version 3.2.1 or older and you should wait for the next official release.
In short: for now you won't be able to use FreeStyler with yor Eurolight USB-DMX interface.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dustin

Post by dustin »

Hi remco_k,

thanks for this information. But this give me a few other questions. On the Eurolite Website the USB-DMX512 interface is listed as tested with Freestyler DMX.
Also on the Website of Freestyler this interface is listed as supported interface.

This was at least the reason why I decided to take this interface. Now I got the interface and the Eurolite Scanner as a Christmas Gift and I'm unable to use it for a unknown period of time. That sounds very sad for me. :cry:

Isn't there any other way to get it work, or is it possible to get a beta version of freestyler? I have a lot of experience on computer and I'm also worked as Betatester for other Software like Pinnacle and Avid.

Greetings,
Dustin
Greetings, Dustin
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dustin wrote:Hello Kristian,
thanks for your quick help.
But the "Eurolite USB-DMX" is not listed at the available interfaces at the Freestyler software.
Im sorry, I have a beta version which is compatible with the eurolite interface. I didn't thought you only have the version 3.0.1. my bad :oops:
dustin wrote:Isn't there any other way to get it work, or is it possible to get a beta version of freestyler? I have a lot of experience on computer and I'm also worked as Betatester for other Software like Pinnacle and Avid.
try to contact the developer, Raph and ask to be a beta tester.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

dustin wrote:Hi remco_k,

thanks for this information. But this give me a few other questions. On the Eurolite Website the USB-DMX512 interface is listed as tested with Freestyler DMX.
Also on the Website of Freestyler this interface is listed as supported interface.

This was at least the reason why I decided to take this interface. Now I got the interface and the Eurolite Scanner as a Christmas Gift and I'm unable to use it for a unknown period of time. That sounds very sad for me. :cry:
Now that is strange. I see it is listed on de website, but it is'nt supported in the current release 3.2.1.
Thats no good.

Try signing up as beta tester and you're saved. However, beta testing means you sometimes get a version that does not work really well.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
dustin

Post by dustin »

Hello,

I contacted Ralph via Email yesterday and hope to get a positive feedback from him. Until this I can't do anything else as sit and wait ...

By the way, are there any tutorials on how to create a fixture? Because my Eurolite TSL-100 is not implemented yet in Freestyler and so I could spend my time on creating a fixture for it. The tutorials you can find here can't be playbacked in Germany because of a content from Sony Music.

Greetings,
Dustin
Greetings, Dustin
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

in frestyler go to Help --> and rad the topic "Fixture creator" it is a small description of the program.

if you still have some problems making a fixture, post them in this forum: FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support

* describe your problems in details
* upload the exported fixture you have made so far
* upload the manual for your fixture

Then I'm sure some nice people will help you asap :)

also read this: "Can't find your fixture in FreeStyler or on this forum?
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on December 27th, 2009, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
dustin

Post by dustin »

Hello,

today I received a mail from Ralph with a link to the actual beta version of Freestyler. Thanks for this Ralph. :)
Now I'm testing the scanner and try to create a fixture for this.

Greetings,
Dustin
Greetings, Dustin
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Nice! Welcome to the betatesters club! :lol:
dustin

Post by dustin »

Yes ... I joined the club. And it seems to be a good decision. ;)
Today I'll get my two new HQ-Power Nexus Scanner and a second Interface (DMX4ALL Mini-USB).

Freestyler seems to be a drug for me ... :D
Greetings, Dustin
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

dustin wrote: Freestyler seems to be a drug for me ... :D
Sound familiar to me. :)
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dustin wrote:By the way, are there any tutorials on how to create a fixture? Because my Eurolite TSL-100 is not implemented yet in Freestyler and so I could spend my time on creating a fixture for it. The tutorials you can find here can't be playbacked in Germany because of a content from Sony Music.
look at the topic quick video on how to use Freestyler's Fixture Creator again :)
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
dustin

Post by dustin »

Thanks for the update. This tutorials works ... :)
Greetings, Dustin
Tri-Sound
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Tri-Sound »

Hey all,

I'm just bought a DSD TECH USB-DMX 512 controller. Same problem with a "DHC_open-DHC_ ERROR _ NOT OPEN" Message, (when I open FreeStlyer X2 3.6.51) Is there anyway to fix this, or do I need to get a different interface? It has the latest driver it says in my computer's device manager " This device is working properly" So what gives with interface? :roll:

Any help would be great, Thanks!
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

I do not see the DSD TECH USB_DMX512 controller listed as an interface supported by Freestyler. The device most likely is working properly as Windows reports but that does not mean that a program, Freestyler in this case, can control the device. The program must be written to issue the commands the device recognizes. While many of the interfaces likely have the same, or very very similar, command sets, differences exist. You can try each of the interfaces listed to see if one of them works with your device. If not I think your only choice is to obtain one of the Freestyler supported interfaces. I've been using the Enttec Pro for years and last year purchased the MKII version (needed the second universe). Both have been solid performers.
Slimtoons
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control
Twitter: #ne
Instagram: Noneatall

Post by Slimtoons »

Hi did you ever find the right adaptor setting ? I am having the same issue
TarbottonD
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by TarbottonD »

Tri-Sound wrote: January 31st, 2020, 7:15 pm Hey all,

I'm just bought a DSD TECH USB-DMX 512 controller. Same problem with a "DHC_open-DHC_ ERROR _ NOT OPEN" Message, (when I open FreeStlyer X2 3.6.51) Is there anyway to fix this, or do I need to get a different interface? It has the latest driver it says in my computer's device manager " This device is working properly" So what gives with interface? :roll:

Any help would be great, Thanks!
Hi... I just bought a DSD TECH from Amazon, and had the same issue... was about to give up when I saw a review that suggested to use the EUROLITE USB-DMX interface from Freestyler. Just tried and this appears to resolve the issue.
sam67conoi
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by sam67conoi »

bonjour,
oui en effet utiliser EUROLITE USB-DMX fonctionne merci pour le partage!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”