These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

4Bar

FrustDrumm
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

4Bar

Post by FrustDrumm »

Did this one last night as well- complete with image. I've only had them about a week- best small gig band light setup ever!

I was so happy to see that I would be able to individually dim each of the lights/colors. (read: fade in/out)

Would someone be so kind to check each out and make sure they work ok? Thnx! They rock for me in Freestyler!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FrustDrumm on November 5th, 2009, 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: 4Bar

Post by remco_k »

Hi,

Thank you for your work on the fixture files.
I removed the zip files you attached (also in your other topic), as we would like you to attach the exported fixture files only. (*.pff).

You can export your fixture file using the Fixture Creator, open your fixture and then export as file. You'll get an *.pff file.
That file contains everyting needed (pictures, as well as the fixture itself). Please attach that file to your posts.
Also the *.pff file can be imported real easily by other users. They simply have to open it and the work is done.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
FrustDrumm
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1

Post by FrustDrumm »

And thank you for the conversions and tip!

I was wondering where that extension came from- Like I said, haven't been working with the prog for that long. :oops:

I'll export and repost asap
Randy A
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Randy A »

Not to step on anyone's feet, but could someone check to see if this file I created works properly? I didn't even check to see if there was an available download until I created this one and wanted to see if someone could test it here.

I created all the auto programs as Macros w/ images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hello,

Has this been tested yet? I am completely new to this and need a 4Bar fixture. I'd be happy to test once my DMX-USB converter arrives. How do I save the file you posted so that it shows up as one of the fixtures I can add in Freestyler?

Thanks,
Luke
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A

Post by remco_k »

Just click the file to download it and execute it. (That only will work after you have installed FreeStyler).
(Re)Start FreeStyler and you'll see the new fixture in the list under "Chauvet". If you downloaded and installed both *.pff files, you'll see 2: 4Bar and 4-Bar because they have named them both seperately. So you can see and test them both.

It seems that FrustDrumm jused the fixture profile already, according to his first post.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
cchladny
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by cchladny »

Here's the 4Bar fixture file I created for my 4Bar setup.

I found it works quite well to create the 4Bar as 4 separate "cans" rather than 1 whole fixture. You just set all of the "cans" to the same DMX address and it works great. Since the 4Bar works with channel 1 being the "Auto Programs", channel 2 being the master "Dimmer", and channel 3 being the "Strobe" channel, those are shared by all the cans. Then after that, each one has their own RGB. By using them all as separate cans, it allows you to use the RGB color chooser to quickly program the fixtures. Works great! Enjoy!!
rtecnico
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

4Bar 4 Cans Mode and Control

Post by rtecnico »

Hi Friends, from Puerto Rico here is my profile fot the Chauvet 4Bar: This profile have the 4 par cans set as individual RGB segments, this will allow you to change the colors of each can individualy and continue sharing the first 3 channels. Also I have added some macros to help you creating your own chases or scenes and complete control of the build in programs and strobes speeds. Hope you like this profile!

Ricardo - ATS Stage Design

Enjoy It.!
nervous
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by nervous »

Thanks for this Ricardo. I finally used it for a while this afternoon and was pleased at how it worked. Any updates to this? There are a couple things I am working through that I don't yet understand. First is making new or editing your current macros. Second is how to get any fade function to work. third is how to get the single and two color light macros to be as full on bright as they are in the chases. They appear about 15% - 20% less bright and I would love them full on (with the ability to dim). That said I like how intuitive it is. I am surprised with the popularity of this fixture that there isn't more info available on it. Lots of mystery in getting them to behave.
guthriejosh
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by guthriejosh »

Hi
I see that a 4bar fixture has been posted. Does anyone have a fixture file for the Chauvet 4bar tri? I am a complete beginner as well. I can't access the posted file for the 4bar in this thread because I apparently don't have the authority or privilege. Scratch that! A day later, I can access the 4bar files above.
Last edited by guthriejosh on February 28th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Post by Jan_K »

Hej guthriejosh.

There is no restriction as long as you are loged-in.
You should be able to access al files. If not then contact DJ_support.

And though you are new to this then you can do the fixture your self.
There are a lot of tutorials on the wiki "Learn about FS" found in the top of this side.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... eator_help

Just start a new thread and I will guide you.

/Jan
CaptainBetty
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: http://twitter.com/captainbetty

Post by CaptainBetty »

The 4Bar-Tri is exaclty the same as the standard 4bar - only difference is the led elements.

What I did was grabbed the "4bar Par Mode" (do a search) version of the fixture which separates the heads and controlls.

I assign the controls to ch 1-3. Each RGB head gets ch4-6, ch7-9, ch10-12, ch13-15. Obviously adjust dmx address based on your setup. This way I can access each head individually. I always run the controler fixture at 100% brightness and controll the heads RGB values for individual brightness. You can mix and match whatever you want but it gives you the gretest flexability.
Phinnin
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5

Post by Phinnin »

Ricardo's fixture file is the best I have found. Kudo's.

Richardo: Is there a way to make any of the chases sound responsive? You seem to have just the one set up.
daryl.drummer89

Re: RE: 4Bar

Post by daryl.drummer89 »

Randy A wrote:Not to step on anyone's feet, but could someone check to see if this file I created works properly? I didn't even check to see if there was an available download until I created this one and wanted to see if someone could test it here.

I created all the auto programs as Macros w/ images.
Hi, how do I open these pff files? I have nothing that can read this file? Thankyou
FrustDrumm wrote:Did this one last night as well- complete with image. I've only had them about a week- best small gig band light setup ever!

I was so happy to see that I would be able to individually dim each of the lights/colors. (read: fade in/out)

Would someone be so kind to check each out and make sure they work ok? Thnx! They rock for me in Freestyler!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Fixture Creator -> Import.

If you have installed FreeStyler then you have also installed Fixture Creator.

/Jan
daryl.drummer89

Ah so upload it straight on. I get it thankyou. Still new to all this lol.

backwash
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by backwash »

There is an auto program on the Tri Bar 4 where the pars (all 4 at the same time) fade slowly between all the colors. Can this be replicated in Freestyler? Does anyone have a mod for that or can explain in detail how I could do that? So far the only way I see to get color change is by them chaging "hard" with no smooth fade type transition...
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Something like this.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/t ... w_tutorial

and then use / set fade time in between each step.
Don't use snap.

/Jan
daryl.drummer89

Thankyou for your help Jan

Return to “Chauvet”