These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

My bug report i sent 13-12-09 at 08:45PM GMT

Disscussions on possible bugs in the current BETA.
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.

The Idea of this is :

1. Informing others of confirmed BUGS and
2. Giving other members the opportunity to confirm your possible bugs

Forum rules
YOU MUST FILE A BUG REPORT HERE before discussing possible bugs.
CutDMX12
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

My bug report i sent 13-12-09 at 08:45PM GMT

Post by CutDMX12 »

HELLO,

i forgot to add a screen shot of the bug lol here it is

the screen shot will not upload here heres the link to it on my server

.: URL REMOVED :.

if anyone else likes me to post here with the bug is so you can help reply to this and i will get back to it. i have all redey posted a bug report before posting this

CutDMX12,
Tim,
:fs: :fs:
Last edited by CutDMX12 on March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: My bug report i sent 13-12-09 at 08:45PM GMT

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey Tim.
i'm quite sure it is not a bug. Row and address is not the same thing. the row is only representing which row/line the fixture is placed in, in the "Add/Remove fixtures" window. the row number is not visible in the window, only the address and name.

when you select row 43 the fixture is placed on line 43. I'm thinking you cant see the fixture when you are adding it to row 43 because you cant see line 43. try to scroll down in the window to see it.

as you can see at your screenshot the first smart scan has the adress 31-36, the next on 37-42. from what I can see Freestyler suggests to place the next smart scan on row 33. so the first two scanners must have been placed on row 31 and 32.

i hope you understand, otherwise feel free to write again.

by the way , which version do you have of freestyler? I have 3.2.6 and the autoaddress is visible in the small add window.
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on December 14th, 2009, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Spot on LJ could not have put it any better
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
CutDMX12

Post by CutDMX12 »

confused . com

well if your right how comes it will not let me controll it?? like i tell it to do something and the light dose not!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by the way , which version do you have of freestyler? I have 3.2.6 and the autoaddress is visible in the small add window
humm i have two one on my server "main pc i just call it a server cos well it relly is lol " and the on on my laptop mine is 3.2.0 i think and the laptop is 3.2.1 how comes you have 3.2.6????? is it a beta??? or something?

Cut,
CutDMX12

Post by CutDMX12 »

Onge wrote:LJ_krede is correct in what he is saying, it is a row number not an address, you have 30 par cans rows 1 to 30, then 2 scanners rows 31 & 32 so next row is 33 and the address would be 43 for the next scanner and row 34 and address 49 for the following scanner.

If you look at your screen shot you have set the StartAddress to 37 which will clash with waht you already have patched. So I would remove the StartAddress and the let Auto address do it's job unless you specifically want to address it at a set address then remove the Auto address and use the StartAddress.

I do hope this helps clear up your confused . com :?

On another piece of software I use, the "row" is called "channel" and it took me ages to get my head around that they was not talking about an DMX actual address channel, so I can see how you can get confused.
lol i can see now lol :mrgreen:

i still can't get my head around that the DMX output panel is showing that the 3rd scanner is getting the right DMZ values BUT still the scanner will not responed!!!! but when i put that very same scanner on a lower DMX channel it works fine??? confused??? me too even if i try a diffrent scanner on the DMX channel the 3re one is needed to be and still not respoding????

if you have anyidea why it is not working please say else i will trying fixing it for the next production!

thanks for the help lol who ever looks at the bug report submission might as well delete the bug report i sent lol

C12,
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

I think its better you start a new topic about that specific problem, giving the problem and the fixture brand/model and also the DMX channel description.
With that you note what fixture file in FreeStyler you are using and, ofcourse, your problem description.
Keep in mind that some fixtures have multiple modes and that a fixture file is made for one of those modes. Make sure you have that correctly.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
CutDMX12

Post by CutDMX12 »

ok thanks,

which forum shell i start the topic in???

C12,
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

"Other DMX/Lighting questions" looks good to me.

ps. Please just use one ! or ? in your posts. With one, everyone will help. Maybe faster than with two or more. :mrgreen:
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
CutDMX12

Post by CutDMX12 »

ok, thanks will do in a moe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-- to much??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? no lololol jokeing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C12,
Last edited by djSupport on December 28th, 2009, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remco_k is a miserable bastard :D
CutDMX12

Post by CutDMX12 »

^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by remco_k on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed 12643 !, you are playing with your life here. :-)

lol i hate you know you took the fun out lolololololol. it's a shame i am not a mod on the forum!!! <-- opps lol habit lol

well i gess being a ADMIN on 15 diffrent forums like this make up for it ^_^

C12,

Return to “Latest Beta Bugs”